My First Documentary About Okinawa, Japan (good/bad?)

bizousoft

ну Вовка
Mar 5, 2010
784
14
0
Canada
Please critique if any:

P.S: Holy shit US Marines are freakin' huge! Don't know what they're eating, but have to get my hands on some of that stuff (there is a huge marine base on that tiny island...)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVJqCMdEt8]Okinawa Beaches Review Japan - YouTube[/ame]
 


Good vid, Bizzy!

That last beach looks incredible... Made me want to visit really badly.

One critique: I watched the video fullscreen and all of the left-to-right panning seously gave me a bit of motion sickness! The room is still spinning for me right now... No joke.

In the future I'd try to either seperate all of those 360 pan-arounds away from each other, or better yet, pan some from right to left!

So is this your main gig? Visiting and rating beaches of the world? Holy shit that sounds like a pretty ideal gig. I'm going to have to check your site out.
 
I love docu's.

Voice over = if that's you - add a bit of life, good trick is to close your eyes, pretend you're in front of a big group, and be yourself.

Camera = You need a tripod/unipod. Actually now that I'm close to the end it looks like you MIGHT have one - get a longer arm so you can turn with more control/less jerkiness.

Music = lol both good and a bit silly, not sure where you're grabbing your libraries but check out audiojungle.com for lot's of cool BG audio. It sounds a bit sad/mystical/boring vs. the great sunny happy footage - liven it up imo it should be happy(ier).

Info = great job, definitely will be worth watching for those looking to go there.

Overall = 8/10

Enjoyed watching.
 
This makes me want to vacation there.

Everything you talk about is based on personal experience, which is its best quality IMO.

It would be interesting to see the beaches when they are busier. Shots of a few babes would be even better.
 
Nice work. I love the use of the maps.
The panning needs to be slowed down a bit in some spots.
The shot of the guy in the red shorts dancing is way too long.
Cut it down to just a few seconds.

Well done!
 
Good vid, Bizzy!

That last beach looks incredible... Made me want to visit really badly.

One critique: I watched the video fullscreen and all of the left-to-right panning seously gave me a bit of motion sickness! The room is still spinning for me right now... No joke.

In the future I'd try to either seperate all of those 360 pan-arounds away from each other, or better yet, pan some from right to left!

So is this your main gig? Visiting and rating beaches of the world? Holy shit that sounds like a pretty ideal gig. I'm going to have to check your site out.

Thanks man! You're right about the panning, in the Mibaru beach I killed it. Watched it full screen for the first time myself just now and made me a bit sick. Not a full-time thing, but I can't say that I won't try my luck on kickstarter.com to film Part 2 of this thing ;)

Doing IM in a climate like that surrounded by pristine beaches is freakin' hard though (hat off to those working in Thailand).


I love docu's.

Voice over = if that's you - add a bit of life, good trick is to close your eyes, pretend you're in front of a big group, and be yourself.

Camera = You need a tripod/unipod. Actually now that I'm close to the end it looks like you MIGHT have one - get a longer arm so you can turn with more control/less jerkiness.

Music = lol both good and a bit silly, not sure where you're grabbing your libraries but check out audiojungle.com for lot's of cool BG audio. It sounds a bit sad/mystical/boring vs. the great sunny happy footage - liven it up imo it should be happy(ier).

Info = great job, definitely will be worth watching for those looking to go there.

Overall = 8/10

Enjoyed watching.

wow, great advice man. So the trick in having a longer arm eh? Yeah it's my voice, I'll definitely use your advice next time. Thank you for such a high score, didn't expect that!

I just finished watching a WW2 documentary on the History Channel, saw some stuff about Okinawa.

Yep marines came, but never really left :D Some mean looking dudes, wouldn't wanna end up in a bar fight with any of them.

This makes me want to vacation there.

Everything you talk about is based on personal experience, which is its best quality IMO.

It would be interesting to see the beaches when they are busier. Shots of a few babes would be even better.

You're right, for next time I'll keep it in mind especially because camera has a good zoom.

Could use some chicks in bikinis. :)

Duly noted ;)

Nice work. I love the use of the maps.
The panning needs to be slowed down a bit in some spots.
The shot of the guy in the red shorts dancing is way too long.
Cut it down to just a few seconds.

Well done!

Thanks a lot! Glad someone appreciated the concept with Google Maps. I really wanted to give the viewer as much spacial info as possible, thus geographic location and full 360 panoramics.
 
Bizousoft, you know we Americans get that big because we all eat McDonalds. :P Kidding. Okinawa looks beautiful. Those blue waters look like they'd be great for Scuba diving. My girlfriend and I have always wanted to go to Japan.