MySpace vs. Facebook: Co-Founder Concedes Defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDean

Too Cool for School
Aug 3, 2008
337
8
0
facebook's user acquisition is pretty unreal. two thirds of the users are international.

MySpace founder concedes social network defeat

However, Mr Brewer said that in the end, social networking sites would have to accept that they would not monetise their audiences through advertising in the same way as a typical online publisher.

Man these guys love being specific! Do you think he is on point here?
 


Well Facebook's user base if totally different. It was originally formed on college campuses in a grassroots fashion. Facebook's demos is just different. MySpace is for kids and bad rock bands.
 
Myspace was started to help guys get laid. Facebook was started to connect with your high school sweetheart and get laid again.

Bottom line - find new ways to get guys laid and it will be successful.
 
Myspace was started to help guys get laid. Facebook was started to connect with your high school sweetheart and get laid again.

Bottom line - find new ways to get guys laid and it will be successful.

Holy shit. Until now, I just didn't get the appeal of these sites...

No, I'm not being sarcastic or joking. Yes, I am stupid.
 
The premise of keeping in contact with people you already know will get old fast. I fucking hate the people I know. I'd much rather meet new people but because MS was created as a spam network, they will never escape that.
 
The premise of keeping in contact with people you already know will get old fast. I fucking hate the people I know. I'd much rather meet new people but because MS was created as a spam network, they will never escape that.

You can meet new people. Just click "Add as friend"
 
ur a weirdo then

The premise of keeping in contact with people you already know will get old fast. I fucking hate the people I know. I'd much rather meet new people but because MS was created as a spam network, they will never escape that.

People feel comfortable riding with the herd, not exploring new possibilities.
 
16iabgm.png


(Facebook blue)

10fxkl2.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.