I used to produce hardcore/rave music back in the day. I'm talking 15+ years ago. My set up was your standard Atari ST/Cubase/mixer/extermal midi gear including rack synths, sampler, fx etc. Im now thinking about getting back into some producing. I have an old P4 kicking about and still have my old synths including a controller. I'd like to get these all set up but things have changed so much I dont know where to start. I'm hoping some of you producers can guide me a little.
My understanding is I need an external soundcard (audio interface) and I can get one with a small built in mixer to allow me to connect some exteral gear to it. This is about all I know really. Ive looked on some forums but still feel lost. What would you guys recomend for someone making breakbeat/electro music on a fairly low spec PC who also wants to use some outboard gear? Nothing crazy expensive or steep learning curve.
Peace
My understanding is I need an external soundcard (audio interface) and I can get one with a small built in mixer to allow me to connect some exteral gear to it. This is about all I know really. Ive looked on some forums but still feel lost. What would you guys recomend for someone making breakbeat/electro music on a fairly low spec PC who also wants to use some outboard gear? Nothing crazy expensive or steep learning curve.
Peace