Opening another paypal account under the same name?

HiGhPeR

Designer
Oct 15, 2009
2,447
21
0
h6.cr
www.hyper6.com
I'm curious if any of you have more than 1 PayPal account. My current account is attached to my bank in Canada, but I've moved and would like to setup an account with my bank here in Mexico to make life easier.

Has anyone ever moved countries and opened another PayPal account under your same name? Obviously, I don't want to get booted..
 


You are allowed two accounts, one for personal and one for business. So if the other is personal, make the mexico one a business acc.

I made sure to ask, took me an hour or more to get that answer from them and to get a guarantee from one of their upper ups that all would be ok.

I have two, one with personal connected to CR and one business connected to the US. After many years of using them and moving 5 digits/month on them, I'm fine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HiGhPeR
I think I have three under my name, not including business accounts. Only ever had one problem and it was unrelated to having multiple accounts under the same name.

Do it like greenleaves suggests and you shouldn't have any issues.
 
New EIN = new account.

The new ones will go through the same "growing pains" as the old, though. Meaning that they will come under automatic review as soon as you pass the high $x,xxx/low $xx,xxx mark per month.

You call the risk management dept., be very nice, be *VERY* transparent, and work out a reserve (typically what's in the account) and rolling reserve (typically 90 days) and go forth from there.

Once they've seen that you're on the up-and-up and can roll with those punches, the reserves get lifted and it appears that the autoflags come off.

I've had rolling reserves of up to 40% before due to the nature of the transactions that went through. Wasn't fun for 90 days but I stuck to it and after 180 days all reserves came off.

YMMV, of course.
 
Dude, I can guaran fucking tee you I've made at least 20 verified paypal accounts. Going to the local grocery store and getting a prepared card to fund it. I've probably been banned like 50 times. I bet if you go into the corporate office they have a fucking picture of my face on there "fuck this guy wall". Anyhow, to answer your question - yes you can have multiple accounts.... BUT. Reset your IP before each login, delete your cache/cookies and don't interlink them with the same SSN, Banking information etc. You can go to your local bank and open a new checking account for like $100 bux (which you can easily withdrawal if you need the $) for pretty much free. If you need help pm me.

But lol's at paypal. Fuck them
 
Can Mexican Paypal accounts load money with bank funds?. I'm just asking because most third-world-country paypal accountscant do that.
 
I've got 2 accounts under the same name. I was an idiot and didn't even think about this being an issue when I signed up for the second account, but its going on 2 years now with no problems.
 
Long long ago I was given the boot by PayPal for some eBay business (totally warranted). About a year later I created a new account with all of the same info except I changed my first name to my first initial and my middle name, and I've had it ever since. I've been a good paypaler ever since.

Of course, they might have gotten a lot better at detecting double accounts since like 2006 or whenever it was that I made the new one.