Outside-the-Box Thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisS

Well-known member
Jul 10, 2006
3,290
106
63
Funny, yet quite brilliant and may get you thinking.

advertising.jpg
 


People talk shit about BHW, but every time I log in I find a thread that gets me thinking outside of the box. A lot of the ideas suck because they may not be scalable or they just don't make that much coin, but it's still something I wouldn't have thought of and gets me in the mode of thinking outside of the box.
 
Oh yeah, the WoW playerbase is a great market if you know how to market to them.

Back when I was running Singlesnet on Facebook, male world of warcraft players between 18-35 were my best performing demographic.
 
...and if it worked for WoW it would probably work for most of the million other MMO games out there. Talk about scalable.
 
People talk shit about BHW, but every time I log in I find a thread that gets me thinking outside of the box. A lot of the ideas suck because they may not be scalable or they just don't make that much coin, but it's still something I wouldn't have thought of and gets me in the mode of thinking outside of the box.


I have something running right now that makes me some damn decent money that I have to atribute to BHW. While I didn't get the idea from a BHW thread, I did read two threads there that stuck in my head. A few days later, *bing* a light bulb went off while I was taking a run. Two days later, I had something up and running and profitable and still pulling money right now.

The laughable part about it is that it's not even "black hat" at all. Just my successful twist on the dribblings of some hapless n00b.
 
...and if it worked for WoW it would probably work for most of the million other MMO games out there. Talk about scalable.

The problem with that is that WoW controls the vast majority of the MMO market. While other MMOs may still have hundreds of thousands of players, only a very small percentage of them are going to list the game as an interest on Facebook. I think my WoW group only had around 40k people in it (remember, that's every single guy on facebook between 18-35 with Warcraft, WoW, or World of Warcraft listed as an interest).

Might work pretty well on Google though.
 
A WoW player commented on my turbostation blog last night:

"My longest time on my treadmill desk was just a little over 10 hours.
icon_smile.gif
My average speed was 2.7MPH with a 2% incline. During that time my peak speed reached 4.5MPH and as low as 1.7MPH. This was when I was doing a World of Warcraft raid that took around 9 hours to complete. My average treadmill time over a 30-day period is 2 hours. Good luck, I like the look of your desk. I need to re-work mine when I get some time to make it a little cleaner."

I have to admit, if it hadn't have been for this forum I wouldn't have even known what he was talking about. :-/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.