Please buy this documentary.

seous

seous student
May 16, 2010
1,755
18
0
South Florida
Hey guys.

If you enjoy music in general and enjoy genres other than rap (Doesn't matter if you do, actually), I would really appreciate if you buy a documentary on my favorite guitarist, Jason Becker.

He was really talented, but now has ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and cannot move or even talk, but with the help of his father's eye communication system, he can still compose music on the computer with the help of his friends and family. Look up Jason Becker and please buy his upcoming documentary.

Thank you :)

Some of his greatest songs:
Altitudes (Best ever)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFoSbjXB68"]YouTube - Jason Becker - Altitudes (Tribute Video)[/ame]
Speed Metal Symphony
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM17rAWKbIM"]YouTube - Cacophony-Speed Metal Symphony[/ame]
Air
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtjOe5e9VFA"]YouTube - Jason Becker - Air[/ame]
Paganini's 5th Caprice
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jK978921Yw"]YouTube - Jason Becker rips[/ame]

He likes to mix in a bit of classical, with a bit of jazz, and a bit of shred-style metal. Check him out, he is the reason why I picked up guitar.

There is also a Facebook page on the making of the upcoming documentary.

You can actually speak to him on his website's board. jasonbecker.com/board

He could really use your support guys... Come on,the man can't move yet he still makes music. Also, A national news station did a short piece on him if you'd like to see it:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYIZP1hrfZI"]YouTube - Jason Becker ABC2008[/ame]

Thanks...
I know a lot of people will troll the shit out of this thread though...

*Note: I'm not affiliated with him in any way. Just a friend :)
 


Album atwork isnt captivating enough to push play. I will be back later when Im a bit sober.
 
It's a fuckin travesty this happened to Becker. Not only one of the greatest guitarists ever, but he recorded the epic album Perpetual Burn when he was like 19 that many of todays guitarists cite as a major influence.

He was best friends and played with Marty Friedman in Cacophony who went on to join Megadeth and write some of the best goddamn metal solos ever. Marty Friedman's first solo album "Dragon's Kiss" is very similar in style to Perpetual Burn.
 
It's incredible the spirit this man has.

I remember trying to learn that paganini thing years ago, I think it took me a year to play it at have the speed he does. Huge talent, thanks for posting the update on him, I haven't heard much about him in about 5 years.
 
Perpetual Burn fucking rips. In fact I listen to it when I lift

Perpetual Burn + Creatine Monohydrate = GAIN