Prosper 202 or Tracking 202

T202 or P202?

  • T202

    Votes: 35 22.2%
  • P202

    Votes: 123 77.8%

  • Total voters
    158
guys, you have your stats on server ??? not good, anyone can reach your stats

lol what. you serious? this is why you put security measures in place. it's not hard. htaccess, use SSL for your prosper install, password protect your prosper directory even to access it, and more.
 


Tracking202 is always down and you can never get your data when you need it. So P202 all the way. Even P202 is kind of shitty IMO and has quite a few bugs but it does what I need in a hacked together sort of way. They could simplify it and improve it so much though... I'm not complaining, it's free!
 
DO those mods log into the PPC accts to get that information? Don't really know the CTR do you unless you connect to the PPC acct to get the impressions vs. the clicks. Or am I clueless? I've got P202 installed locally but it is only good for referrers and keywords on my local install. I am doing PPC direct to the network.

as papajohn alluded, you can put security measures in place.

this link has more detailed info (hxxp://masterlesssamurai.com/ppc/tips-tricks/prosper202-self-hosted-apps-10-best-practices-to-securing-your-prosper202-installation/)
 
i have a prosper202 question:

basically what i want to do is insert a little redirect script into my links. the problem is i am direct linking the campaign and using prosper202. so where would i put this redirect script so that it doesn't lose subid info and/or p202 params? so here's what i want:

traffic source->redirect script->p202->offer page OR
traffic source->p202-> redirect script-> offer page

i just can't figure out what the best method to do this is since i am using p202 to direct link the offer.

thanks!
 
i have a prosper202 question:

basically what i want to do is insert a little redirect script into my links. the problem is i am direct linking the campaign and using prosper202. so where would i put this redirect script so that it doesn't lose subid info and/or p202 params? so here's what i want:

traffic source->redirect script->p202->offer page OR
traffic source->p202-> redirect script-> offer page

i just can't figure out what the best method to do this is since i am using p202 to direct link the offer.

thanks!

Just select to cloak your link in prosper. At least that's what I do.
 
Anyone ever had problems with hosting P202 in HostGator?
This crap gets on my nerves since a few hours. It keeps redirecting me to the P202 Login page even after i typed in the url in the address bar.
 
Hostgator by default won't install prosper correctly now. It used to be fine but last year or so it broke. There is a mod_security issue. You need to contact hostgator support to whitelist your tracking domain in mod_security.
 
Quick noob question.. With P202, can I send traffic (typos) to the domain P202 is installed on and then have P202 redirect it by geo location to the offers I want?