RC nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shut the Fuck Up, You and your useless inventions!

Huh? Did you say you want my foot up your ass? :D And for your information, I did not invent helicopters. I invented the interwebs.

Enigmabomb, how did you manage to pop your skids off in flight? Hard landing / dustoff deal or something else?

If you're ever in Omaha, I could use some help tuning ;)

Eli: I have yet to fly my Trex and the Blade 400 only got one flight before it crashed. The Blade CP Pro doesn't come with a gyro from the factory, that's part of what makes it a super PITA to fly. And the right hand drift has to do with the physics of helicopter flight. I forget exactly, and I don't feel like looking it up. Anyhow, a lot people recommend setting up your swash to be 2 degrees off to counteract this effect.
 


I like to do low passes and wound up dragging the skids whilst missing a couple of screws. Heh. Didn't notice till I rolled inverted and said ... ruh roh, bad site picture.

The blade cp does come with a gyro, it just sucks. It's an "all in one unit". Super gay. I used to work at a hobby shop and on any given saturday, id test fly 1-6 Blade CPs indoors, in close quarters for customers. My favorite thing was to say: Do you see the helicopter remaining stationary? Customer: Um yeahhhh Me: Now look at my thumbs and notice how I am moving them like a freaking mad man to keep it that way. Customer: oh shit.

Also, the other thing I found out about RC, especially with the helis, is that the forums are full of engineers and nerds who talk SO MUCH SHIT about how you need to do this tweak and that tweak, and if you 3d, do this and that, but they cant even fly the heli in a freaking circle. So, take everything with a serious grain. I fucking hate the helicopter forums. Its pretty much like digital point no matter where you go.

jz
 
LOL! Yeah, there's a ton of engineer types, I've noticed that as well. The ones I like are the builders / flyers. I enjoy the tweaking and setting up stuff so I'm into that. When I got my CP a couple years ago, it didn't have a separate gyro. Maybe it was built into the 3 in 1 board? Regardless, it did suck ass. I can fly the CP on Real Flight, but like you said, it's a shitload of correction (even on a sim) all the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.