Recording Audio

Did 5 screen-casts tonight, all I can say is the Blue Yeti + pop filter is fucking awesome. The settings on the Yeti allow you to change from what directions it picks up audio, so using the Cardioid setting it picks up mostly the audio from head on. It really helps reduce any unwanted noise.

With only a little tweaking in Camtasia (using volume leveling) the audio is pretty damn good.

This is defiantly the way to go if you want to do screen-casts, or pod-casts, or record dialog.

Awesome. Glad to hear it worked out for you. I need to go ahead and get a good setup like this myself, especially the pop filter.
 


Samson CO1U USB Studio condenser Mic.

This...

That mic is great and a condenser mic helps out with all kinds of ambient noise problems.

I'm kinda a perfectionist when it comes to recording voice tracks (which sucks, cause everything takes longer). Background noises like the AC turning on or the trash pickup stopping in front of the house the mic is good enough to pick up, but doesn't because of its condenser design.


Just make sure you use it correctly and talk into its "face." For a while i thought the shit was fucked up because i sounded so distant.... :music07:
 
Buy yourself the Samson CO1U USB Studio condenser Mic.

Garage band and a nice set of headphones.

Hang some curtains to deaden the sound and you have cracked it..

Was considering that, but looked like I was going to have to buy a pre-amp to use it on my computer, so I went with the Yeti.
 
I wonder how the Yeti sounds compared to a traditional XLR mic.

I tried mics worth $2k+ in a shootout at a local studio (Pearlman TM1 is my favourite so far) but have never messed with a USB mic.

The M-Audio Sputnik is currently my baby for recording vocals at home.