Redundancy - I can has?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexb

Señor Member
Dec 6, 2007
1,510
21
0
Indiana
Dear idiots,
If you're making thousands of dollars per day with your website(s), for fucks sake would you fucking idiots invest in a little hosting redundancy? Yes, web servers, even dedicated ones (and you'd better have a dedicated server if you're making that much), go offline for a variety of reasons, and I'm sick of listening to all of you fuckwits bitch and moan when your server goes down for 5 minutes. Invest in a second server with failover.

Sincerely,
Everybody who does your web hosting tech support
 


No one respects the IT department until something breaks down. I know, from experience. Everyone ignores you when all goes smooth.

And I agree that many overlook good hosting support, but a failover is still too expensive for most affiliates. Most of them overstate their earnings anyway, they simply can't afford it.

Plus, they don't really understand how a computer works, and why a crappy piece of poor written code can break down a server.

I understand your frustration, but if you are really irritated by this you can do what I did: send customer complaints to a bimbo who has no fucking clue what they are talking about. The official term is "Customer feedback filtering".

Relax, let go off some steam, buy a Raven Riley fleshlight, there is a link right on top. And download the new "Big Bang Theory" episodes for a laugh with your nerdy buddies.
 
Dear idiots,
If you're making thousands of dollars per day with your website(s), for fucks sake would you fucking idiots invest in a little hosting redundancy? Yes, web servers, even dedicated ones (and you'd better have a dedicated server if you're making that much), go offline for a variety of reasons, and I'm sick of listening to all of you fuckwits bitch and moan when your server goes down for 5 minutes. Invest in a second server with failover.

Sincerely,
Everybody who does your web hosting tech support

Haha. Been there, done that (hosting support.. running a hosting company ... sales... etc).

My favorite: "What do you mean you don't have 100% uptime and 1 TB space for $8 a month?" type questions. I think I'm going to get back into hosting soon.. not sure though, the market sucks ass.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.