Selling advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

efeezy

Well-known member
Oct 5, 2007
5,249
136
63
51
Why is it so difficult to sell advertising on a site? I get have a couple sites, with very good traffic, SERPS etc. I have a nice looking advertising page and rate sheet I created. I probably get at least one request per day for a quote. My prices aren't astronomical, but people never pull the trigger.

I give them all the data for the sites, explain the benefits bla bla bla, the normal routine.

What could I be doing wrong or doing better to get the people who request pricing to stroke a check and sign up?
 


Give these a read:

Hardball Selling - Robert L. Shook
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hardball-Selling-Shook/dp/1402201079"]Amazon.com: Hardball Selling: Shook: Books[/ame]


How to Close Every Sale - Joe Girard w/ Robert L. Shook
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Close-Every-Sale-Girard/dp/0446389293"]Amazon.com: How to Close Every Sale: Joe Girard, Robert L. Shook, Robert Casemore: Books[/ame]



How to Master the Art of Selling - Tom Hopkins
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Master-Art-Selling-Hopkins/dp/0446386367"]Amazon.com: How to Master the Art of Selling: Tom Hopkins: Books[/ame]


This one is EXCELLENT for getting prospects:

Successful Cold Call Selling - Lee Boyan
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Successful-Cold-Call-Selling-Examples/dp/0814477186"]Amazon.com: Successful Cold Call Selling: Over 100 New Ideas, Scripts, and Examples From the Nation's Foremost Sales Trainer: Lee Boyan: Books[/ame]


If you absorb the knowledge from these 4 men and put it into practice you should do well in most any business endeavor.

As Marketers, it behooves us to master some the above techniques.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.