Setting Up New Affiliate Network - this the right place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexiverse

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
3
0
0
I'm looking seriously into setting up my own affiliate network.

Is this the right place to discuss tools and strategies with everything pertaining to setting up a NEW affiliate network.

- note, my own affiliate network, not using existing affiliate network.

It'll only work in a certain niche industry.

I wanted to figure out which affiliate network software is proven tried and tested etc..
 


Perhaps you don't know it yet, but your name is Daniel, and your ass is headed towards a BIG ASS lion's den.
 
flexiverse, in tune with bb_wolfe's gentle advice, you should really spend some time quietly observing and reading the posts on WF. Its also a good idea to read through some old popular posts - then you will get a better idea of whether this is the place. Otherwise, if you can't do your own research, what are the chances you can build an affiliate network?
 
flexiverse, in tune with bb_wolfe's gentle advice, you should really spend some time quietly observing and reading the posts on WF. Its also a good idea to read through some old popular posts - then you will get a better idea of whether this is the place. Otherwise, if you can't do your own research, what are the chances you can build an affiliate network?

So much for collective intelligence & collaboration on the web.

someone throw a newbie a rope please for christs sake.

At least I know what kind of personalities I'm already dealing with, seem to be the most unhelpful kind.
If you can't post anything constructive or helpful:

1) Don't reply
2) Please Do something better with your life.

I don't know how people find the time to post such unhelpful stuff, it's not what any forum is about.
 
I agree with bb_wolfe but, to help you out a little bit you won't find much if any information about starting a network here. If you want some information about running a new network your best bet would be to PM smaxor. (sorry if you get a flood of PM's haha)
 
How about doing a little of your own research before begging for help? Ever tried the search function? How about looking on Google?
 
I have some good advice for you.

FUCK YOU. AHAHAHAHA. Here is so more. FUCK YOU.


Lol, look at this guy with his "collective intelligence of the web". GO JERK OFF TO WC3 AND MASHABLE NOOB.
 
Ok I'll be the constructive one.
There's no tried and true software that I'm aware of right now. In reality, there's a pretty large opening for it. The most popular one right now is DirectTrack, which happens to be both remotely hosted and a steaming pile of donkey excrement.
 
So much for collective intelligence & collaboration on the web.

someone throw a newbie a rope please for christs sake.

At least I know what kind of personalities I'm already dealing with, seem to be the most unhelpful kind.
If you can't post anything constructive or helpful:

1) Don't reply
2) Please Do something better with your life.

I don't know how people find the time to post such unhelpful stuff, it's not what any forum is about.

Newbie rope eh?

nooseys1.jpg
 
I recommend you PM adexhibit jason for further info on running a great success affiliate network.
 
In my opinion unless you are already an advertiser don't bother starting up a network. There are a ton of them already, most pubs are cutting out networks as is and going straight to the advertisers anyways.

The huge networks can strike the exclusive agency deals so they can cut out that angle but smaller networks will feel the crunch as they essentially just offering links. Doesn't justify giving away your precious margins if thats the case.

So unless you have a cadre of spammer friends with terrible traffic I don't see the point in smaller networks as to my knowledge they normally send shit traffic to other bigger networks where the advertisers don't notice because its blending with the quality traffic. This screws us legit pubs as they will scrub more although people are monitoring subids alot better now I noticed.

Tracking systems I like are HitPath and LinkTrust. Another thing is the tracking systems themselves can be pricey (I think minimum would be $3k per month not counting any setup fees) so you would need to do some decent numbers to recoup that cost.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.