Should I make this fantasy football trade?

SUP3RNOVA

Goober Gay
Mar 5, 2007
2,300
72
0
Dallas Clark (me) for Alex Smith (other team).

Alex Smith would go in my flex spot right now (Peyton is my QB) and I have Mercedes Lewis (Jax) to back up Clark. Right now my flex is Seneca Wallace (terrible).

Worth it? I think so...Seneca isn't good and is on a horrible team and in a league with a QB flex spot having that 2nd QB is huge.

The other team is pretty stacked except for the TE position, and Alex Smith is riding his bench (Aaron Rogers and McNabb are his starters).
 


it's not a bad trade, but not a great one either.

I'm also in a bullshit league with a flex that can be a QB. Smith is a big step up over Wallace, but Mercedes Lewis is a big step down for Dallas Clark.

If he has McNabb and Rogers, Smith doesn't mean shit to him. I would see if you could give less than the best TE in the league...or look at another team that has the same third QB riding the bench.

But then again, I'm 0-2 in my league, so what the fuck do I know.
 
no. alex smith is a garbage QB and you'd be better off with dallas clark getting thrown tons of balls from peyton....those 2 love each other.

foolish play on your part if you trade..who cares about who's on his bench, play your game and dont worry bout others
 
no. alex smith is a garbage QB and you'd be better off with dallas clark getting thrown tons of balls from peyton....those 2 love each other.

foolish play on your part if you trade..who cares about who's on his bench, play your game and dont worry bout others

Alex Smith isn't that bad of a QB though. SF has had a bad start and he's still doing okay.

Comparing it, I'd say on average Dallas will score 10 pts/week. Dropping to Mercedes would probably lose me 5 pts/week but upgrading from Seneca to Alex would give me AT LEAST an extra 5pts/week. Also Peyton is developing some strong fondness for Collie, not sure if that is going to impact him and Dallas.

Net points, I think it's a worthy trade.

Also my league only has 1 QB starting spot so the flex makes it a 2 QB max league.
 
Alex Smith wasn't supposed to be bad...but if you got frank gore beasting it on the ground, just do your part and get the ball in the air. He hasn't been able to win a game yet, and these 49'ers were supposed to be superbowl contenders.

The Clark and Collie question is definitely valid. I just know from past Colts games, Clark is like a Wes Welker, always touching the ball and doing something.
 
Without knowing your league scoring settings, no one who knows anything about FF would pretend to give you an answer. Just sayin...
 
I would do it -- TE's are pretty deep this year -- keep checking waivers wires to see if you can snag one that gets hott.

2nd QB -- even if its alex smith is a good move for your flex spot -- he should be good for 12-15pts a game anyways
 
Yahoo default settings. The only thing I changed was an interception is -2 instead of -1.

Post your roster and the 5 best available QB's on the waiver wire.

I think you're selling low, personally. Clark will be a top 3 TE at the end of the year, Alex Smith might be a top 20 QB. And this might just be the year Colts starters play thru week 16.