Telling IE to download a PDF instead of open



Lots of PDF/Java exploits on the web. :(


Users can turn off this functionality in the Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Preferences by selecting > Edit > Preferences ( > Categories) > Trust Manager > PDF File Attachments and clearing the box 'Allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications.'"

I hope this helps
 
I think kidsolo's suggestion may or may not help to stop exploits. My guess is that it wont stop exploits as this probably only stops adobe reader from opening non .pdf extension files or files with a wrong mime header. I think the pdf exploits are deployed as pdfs.

Deliguy thanks for your help. Unfortunately, when internet explorer is presented with a pdf file, this doesnt stop it from opening the pdf inside the browser with adobe reader and thus executing the exploit.
 
Zoom out.

firefox.png