Thai knowledgeable bros - company formation



I am really not interested in discussions about HK vs Thailand. I already have a HK company. That company will own the Thai company.

And there is plenty of risk. So many losers in Thailand and bad girls who'd love the chance for a little blackmail. I don't want to keep quiet about my work. For $2000 I can get a normal Thai corp and just get some proxy shareholders. I don't see the big deal? It will earn itself back in less than two years of visa runs. None of my friends do visa runs and the BOI people skip the peasent line when arriving in the airport.

Just wanted to know if it could be done cheaper.
 
I am really not interested in discussions about HK vs Thailand. I already have a HK company. That company will own the Thai company.

And there is plenty of risk. So many losers in Thailand and bad girls who'd love the chance for a little blackmail. I don't want to keep quiet about my work. For $2000 I can get a normal Thai corp and just get some proxy shareholders. I don't see the big deal? It will earn itself back in less than two years of visa runs. None of my friends do visa runs and the BOI people skip the peasent line when arriving in the airport.

Just wanted to know if it could be done cheaper.

Rusvik, Most important question you should ask yourself is.

Would you bet your hard earned money on unreliable thai government, their ever changing policies and half ass thai baht.

If you are wise which am sure you are, just keep the HK corp intact and forget about the ladyboys.
 
Rusvik, Most important question you should ask yourself is.

Would you bet your hard earned money on unreliable thai government, their ever changing policies and half ass thai baht.

If you are wise which am sure you are, just keep the HK corp intact and forget about the ladyboys.

I agree. There are few advantages other than the boarder runs which you could avoid with a ED visa. Plus the work permit is not guaranteed anyway. You still have to have X number of Thai staff before they'll issue a work permit. And if you think doing border runs and the such are annoying try having the labor department tell you that you have to submit a photograph of your staff standing in front of your business with signage to prove that it's your business (yes, this is really how they do it).

Go to Pro Language or Walen and pay the 25,000 baht for 1 year of classes. Go or don't go. Pro Language and Walen could give a crap as long as you show up once in awhile. Plus most of the classes are like 2 hours twice a week.

I did the ED visa thing for 2 years. I actually enjoyed the classes. Plus it's a nice break to get out and get away for a couple of hours a week.

Oh, and you learn the language of your host country :-)