UFC 129: GSP vs Shields

GSP was boring. I agree... BUT... it wasn't his job to be the aggressor here. Shields was too timid! He was the one coming to get the belt for god's sake. GSP just did enough to retain it. Why would he take risks? I think he did the right thing.

Why can't we see GSP fight someone decent? Like SILVA.

Lols @ Shields not being "decent" and Silva only being "decent".
 


I'm sorry but Shields was bad... really bad. Now I read that GSP might fight Nick Diaz next... fuck, another boring fight in perspective.
 
Agreed, GSP fight sucked. But the Machida KO made it worth it.

FSMachidaKOsCouture.gif
 
The Machida KO was badass, fancy footwork and cat like reflexes.

Overall the card was pretty weak, Shields didn't bring anything and he should be punished for that performance.
 
I don't really follow UFC too closely, but i was wondering if this is going to setup the A.Silva/GSP fight or was that just a rumor?
 
I don't really follow UFC too closely, but i was wondering if this is going to setup the A.Silva/GSP fight or was that just a rumor?

That's very doubtful and St. Pierre laughing when Joe Rogan asked him last night pretty much answered the question.

He would gain a lot of credit for fighting Silva, but he'd be fighting a guy that walks around at 220+ pounds and much taller, faster, stronger than him.

GSP wasn't always a boring fighter, he just has a lifetime of work on the line every time he fights (I.e., all the training, his legacy, etc.) All good fighter eventually come the same point he's at. Roy Jones Jr was called boring because he was so quick and skillful that nobody could hit him. Lennox Lewis was boring because he was an expert boxer with an insane reach -- nobody could put their hands on him.

I say if GSP gets someone who can get past his skills, he'll show the haters just how good he is, since that'll put him in an actual fight. Nobody thought the first Penn v St. Pierre fight was boring (when Penn out-boxed him and stuffed all his attempts at a takedown) and certainly everyone loved watching him get caught/knocked out by Serra. It isn't St. Pierre's fault that he's at the top and nobody can touch him.
 
was at the fight, sat basically ringside and the atmosphere was AMAZING.

The GSP fight did suck, but the Aldo fight was sick...and the Rory Macdonald fight was great also.

I felt bad for Couture, but he had an amazing career and that was a pretty impressive kick.