What do I do?

seous

seous student
May 16, 2010
1,755
18
0
South Florida
Situation:

Well, I asked for a free review for a social bookmarking service. Op told me that there are no free reviews (only discounted reviews), so I did not reply to her. She told me today that she finished work and is expecting payment. I didn't order anything... Do I pay her, even though I didn't request the service? I don't have any money on me, so what do I do?

~Robert.
 


payupsucker.jpg
 
I'm not going to pay, but I am afraid of the person ruining my 100% iTrader over confusion of context...
Making a public post about how much it concerns you probably doesn't help you. In fact, it only benefits him because he can now extort you with this. Refer back to my previous post, seriously.
 
Hmm it being a social bookmarking service, it means you had to send some urls for them to actually bookmark or what else would they have bookmarked? They should have checked with you to make sure it was still a go, and you should have hit them with a message that you wheren't going to pay for a review.

I don't know what was communicated between the two of you. I would say that it's probably more the sellers part rather than the buyers so tell them you're not going to pay it. If they ding you, you ding them back and get the mods involved (even though they may do nothing at all). One ding on your iTrader isn't the end of the world.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seous
Hmm it being a social bookmarking service, it means you had to send some urls for them to actually bookmark or what else would they have bookmarked? They should have checked with you to make sure it was still a go, and you should have hit them with a message that you wheren't going to pay for a review.

I don't know what was communicated between the two of you. I would say that it's probably more the sellers part rather than the buyers so tell them you're not going to pay it. If they ding you, you ding them back and get the mods involved (even though they may do nothing at all). One ding on your iTrader isn't the end of the world.

I see.

In the thread she said PM for a review copy and give details for the social bookmark. I sent it but included the word "free" in my message. She said, "Sorry, no free reviews", so I didn't reply.

Well, I'm not going to pay. Thanks for the good insight bro. +rep
 
Don't pay, but give the service a thorough and honest review. If the service is worth a damn, one detailed review should give her enough business to take a loss on your review. The question is how you handle this miscommunication in the review -- if this gets messed up, will the seller fuck up other people's orders?

If she negs you, whatever. I got one from some asshat and it's not going anywhere despite a few reports to the mods.