I've mostly just done my own affiliate marketing, just marketing products through my affiliate networks. Of course now people I know are finding out that I'm doing this and they want to know how to get their website more visible on the interwebs.
My dad's best friend from middle school owns a fairly successful graphics design business. They've had clients like PS3, designing some of their games, breweries, and corporations who needed promotional brochures or training books, etc. They actually do really nice work and this is a good guy to know for business purposes. If I do a good job on his site, then I'll definitely get more clients through him.
Anyway, what should I ask for as payment for doing SEO on his site. It's an entirely flash site, so I won't be able to do much as far as on-site SEO. Therefore, it'll mostly be getting backlinks, social network marketing, and I'll ask him about a budget for PPC, just to see if he wants to get into that. I'm thinking about asking for about 8-10% of the sales that come through the website, since I'm pretty sure he's not getting any sales from his site now. Should I do that, or should I ask for an hourly rate? If so, then how much should I ask for?
Thanks!
My dad's best friend from middle school owns a fairly successful graphics design business. They've had clients like PS3, designing some of their games, breweries, and corporations who needed promotional brochures or training books, etc. They actually do really nice work and this is a good guy to know for business purposes. If I do a good job on his site, then I'll definitely get more clients through him.
Anyway, what should I ask for as payment for doing SEO on his site. It's an entirely flash site, so I won't be able to do much as far as on-site SEO. Therefore, it'll mostly be getting backlinks, social network marketing, and I'll ask him about a budget for PPC, just to see if he wants to get into that. I'm thinking about asking for about 8-10% of the sales that come through the website, since I'm pretty sure he's not getting any sales from his site now. Should I do that, or should I ask for an hourly rate? If so, then how much should I ask for?
Thanks!