where's the musicians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamache

New member
Jun 26, 2006
4,393
130
0
started AudioBeast Lowcost Music Loops & Tracks and wrote/recorded what's there in a few sittings.. i like jamming out and figured i might as well try to monetize it if possible..

my setup..
n503002888_1490034_7427.jpg
 


I need to take new pics of my gear.
For guitars, I have these two babies. I also have a brand new ESP AX-404 bass, two 100 watt amps, an acoustic drumkit, and an 18 track desk Phonic mixer. And I'm building my own electric guitar, which still isn't finished.

My drummer buddy has a sweet drumkit setup and we jam every once in a while in his basement. :)
 
Nice site. The loops sound good. (I like the Serene Insane one.)

Some tips...
You might want to break up the loops in different tracks and sell them seperate in addition to the full track. (example: I play guitar and like buying drum/bass loops.)

The "play" button could use a label like "click here to play" or something. (Trust me, you have to idiot proof you site.)

I'm not sure about the cost, but it seems a little high. I'm used to buying a CD full of loops for $40 bucks.

​
Cool setup... but get that old CRT monitor off your desk! :)
 
I need to take new pics of my gear.
For guitars, I have these two babies. I also have a brand new ESP AX-404 bass, two 100 watt amps, an acoustic drumkit, and an 18 track desk Phonic mixer. And I'm building my own electric guitar, which still isn't finished.
That Silvertone Apocalypse looks fucking sweet.

My favorite guitar I've been playing recently is an Ibanez J.Custom. Great guitar made in the Ibanez custom shop. The Wizard II neck is built to shred. :)
 
Well, obviously, hit up a few music forums, and work out a revenue share arrangement with people to get their music loops.
I'd say something like 70:30 split is fair, considering that they're more than likely never going to figure out how to get their loops up for sale for whatever reason (let's face it, artists are often lazy when it comes to anything other than their art).

You might also just want to get an affiliate banner up on rotation for a few different sequencing programs as well. If you can sell something like APPLE Logic, Cubase, Ableton, etc you should do alright.
Most of these programs are $400-$800 if what I'm seeing on Froogle is right, so even 10% would be a share.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.