Which portable GPS system do you guys have or would recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the blue garmin etrex for five years now and it still works great. I've taken the thing on month long hikes, dropped it off of cliffs and dropped it in water and it still works like it did the day I bought it.

14253%20Garmin%20eTrex%20Legend.gif
 


Samsung Instinct has a better GPS than the iPhone and has TTS turn-by-turn navigation, voice lookup of addresses, live traffic data (with intelligent rerouting), and Live Local voice search so it never needs a database update. Costs less to buy and to own each month than the iPhone, unlimited usage of all data features, no extra charge for traffic data like standalone GPS's.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKQjuCfKJBU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKQjuCfKJBU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
If you want one in your car you have to go for a Garmin Nuvi, they are pretty amazing from what I've seen.

I have a portable Garmin eTrex Legend HCX that I use for Geocaching when I want to go out and get some exercise. It works really well, and pretty cheap too, but it isn't really made for directions while driving like the nuvi.
 
I actually have a Mio from 1 1/2 years back.
Came recommended as "can do almost anything a TomTom does, but cheaper"

Great device, so far.

::emp::
 
I've had the blue garmin etrex for five years now and it still works great. I've taken the thing on month long hikes, dropped it off of cliffs and dropped it in water and it still works like it did the day I bought it.

14253%20Garmin%20eTrex%20Legend.gif

It's definitely worth it to go for a color screen and get one with SIRF.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.