Why does everyone keep telling me "Happy Holdidays"?

All just part of the mass manipulative neutering of America... No Christ in Christmas, no Christ in public schools.. It pisses me off... and I'm not even a Christian.

Hey, for those who can't make the connection.. You're life wouldn't be half as good, if a group of revolutionaries didn't have a strong faith in God, and determine that our personal rights were granted by him rather than man.

I hate it when idiots say it isn't their religion, so Christianity shouldn't be "thrown in their faces" because it's "offensive". Have it your way, see how you like living in a country without God given rights. We're almost there.

Realize it or not, this is one of the main reasons our society is failing, and it wasn't incidental.
let me know once you have HELLBLAZERZ cock removed from your mouth long enough to make any fucking sense.

A decent amount of the founding fathers where not Christian,

Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians

read it and weep fuck NOB,

no mention of anything being a GOD given right, now a human right that is something totally different.

now go make some money and stfu! :smilie_weihnfenster
 


You know, I have full respect for other cultures, traditions, beliefs, etc. I have no desire to impede on that, and start screaming that they should change their traditions because they're insensitive to my beliefs.
This is why I DO say happy holidays. Because different cultures have different holidays and even here in the usa there are multiple holidays in the last few days of the year here so it's PERFECT, UNASSUMING, FAIR english usage to say "happy holidays" unless you are trying to specifically say: Have a great Chirstmas but I hope you die in a car wreck on New Years Eve!

If you want me to change my cultural norms,
Nobody is saying you should change your "Cultural norms," nor are they saying you should STFU about Christmas... The majority of people using the term "Happy Holidays" are wishing you joy for more days than christmas day itself.

So you're just thinking too small.

/thread
 
let me know once you have HELLBLAZERZ cock removed from your mouth long enough to make any fucking sense.

A decent amount of the founding fathers where not Christian,

Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians

read it and weep fuck NOB,

no mention of anything being a GOD given right, now a human right that is something totally different.

now go make some money and stfu! :smilie_weihnfenster

Your cited source writes in the same pissed off manner as you. The question is, did the founding father's intend a secular nation or not? Try reading this biased link... start at around pg 72

The Big Lie - The Founders Intended a Secular, Not Christian Nation start at about page 72
 
The question is, did the founding father's intend a secular nation or not?
There is little doubt that all but one of the Founding fathers were Atheistic in their beliefs, so it seems a stupid question from the start to me.

Why would a bunch of powerful, rich atheists want to found a country of Christians? Sounds pretty evil... And from everything I've read our founding fathers were anything but evil... Their care for humanity really does show in the system of human rights they constructed.

But just to humor you, let's look at a major piece of evidence: Were you aware that no coins nor bills before the Civil war ever had the words "In god we trust" printed on them? Go look at your coin collection, it's a fact. The 1864 2-penny coin was the 1st one, to be exact.

Seems pretty obvious the christianity stuff came a bit later after the founding.

Or here's another awesome argument for a secular origin: We have always welcomed all religions. (Ok, not so much recently.) The 1st amendment guarantees a FREEDOM of religion, so clearly you can't say call yourself a Christian nation and welcome Jews, Muslims, and other non-christian religions equally.

....This at the least requires that they had to keep it secular simply to not favor one religion over the other. (Keeping religious choice free.)

No matter how you look at it, the idea that the country was founded to be a christian nation is short-sighted and uninformed.
 
let me know once you have HELLBLAZERZ cock removed from your mouth long enough to make any fucking sense.
That actually hurt.

A decent amount of the founding fathers where not Christian

That isn't what I said.. but that is what I assume. Were our rights not declared in the name of a sovereign god? That link doesn't look like reference quality.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. Truth can be a motherfucker to come by these days. Christian or not, my point is people shouldn't be so quick to disregard religion and it's importance. Doesn't matter if the reality of religion sounds like a delusional fairy tale to most of us, the fact is, it's the tool that's been used to control and sway mass emotion for thousands of years. Socially speaking, there could be nothing more important than religion.
 
There is little doubt that all but one of the Founding fathers were Atheistic in their beliefs, so it seems a stupid question from the start to me.

Why would a bunch of powerful, rich atheists want to found a country of Christians? Sounds pretty evil... And from everything I've read our founding fathers were anything but evil... Their care for humanity really does show in the system of human rights they constructed.

But just to humor you, let's look at a major piece of evidence: Were you aware that no coins nor bills before the Civil war ever had the words "In god we trust" printed on them? Go look at your coin collection, it's a fact. The 1864 2-penny coin was the 1st one, to be exact.

Seems pretty obvious the christianity stuff came a bit later after the founding.

Or here's another awesome argument for a secular origin: We have always welcomed all religions. (Ok, not so much recently.) The 1st amendment guarantees a FREEDOM of religion, so clearly you can't say call yourself a Christian nation and welcome Jews, Muslims, and other non-christian religions equally.

....This at the least requires that they had to keep it secular simply to not favor one religion over the other. (Keeping religious choice free.)

No matter how you look at it, the idea that the country was founded to be a christian nation is short-sighted and uninformed.

Did you take the time to read the few pages I cited above? It's biased, I will give you that, but its well referenced. Clear your mind, set aside what you "know" and read an opposing view.
 
Did you take the time to read the few pages I cited above? It's biased, I will give you that, but its well referenced. Clear your mind, set aside what you "know" and read an opposing view.
Yes I did. It was very biased and low on facts. I also don't see where it refutes any of the seriously telling direct quotes of the founding fathers posted in ENDed's link...

I mean, if you can't take to the words from the founding fathers' own mouths then you just aren't willing to listen to reason.

Because they were smart enough to know that religion is a necessary tool/evil to rally enough people to a cause.
No, I covered that when I said: "Sounds pretty evil... And from everything I've read our founding fathers were anything but evil... Their care for humanity really does show in the system of human rights they constructed."

-So basically I don't buy that those particular people at that particular time in history were trying to get power like that... They were too worried about keeping themselves free from Britain back then!
 
Jesus : "Know this, my beloved brothers.. be slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God."



"This is an outrage! I'm angry!"


Jesus : "Why is that, my child? Are you in need of food or shelter, or are you concerned with the suffering going on around the world?"


"No, the cashier at the store told me to have a happy holidays!"


jesus_laughing41.jpg
 
-So basically I don't buy that those particular people at that particular time in history were trying to get power like that... They were too worried about keeping themselves free from Britain back then!

Point taken. I'm not knocking them.. the books do show them to some seriously righteous, intelligent leaders. I'm just saying that perhaps there was a bit of greater good mentality going on.