Wow @ the Anderson Silva fight!



I don't have the link off the top of my head (was pasted in an irc channel) but I actually watched part of the fight until the stream went too choppy. Nice to be able to watch live for a bit instead of waiting until after though..
 
Best money spent on a PPV in quite a while.
 
Chael Sonnen is for real.

sonen.jpg
HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD SHIT! CHAEL SONNEN IS FOR REAL! I stand corrected. WOW! In my top 15 UFC fights, if not higher, of all time! Incredible! As a fan, you can not ask for more.
 
^
What?

---------
Good fights all around. Sonnen fucked up. But did back up the shit talking.
Junior Dos Santos is a monster. Cant waint for his next fight.
 
It was an awesome card and an awesome fight. I was telling my brother beside me how Silva was trying to trap an arm. Sadly for Sonnen, he just got gassed at the start of the fifth and you could see Silva weaving his web. I was happy for Silva, but I can't see him being able to pull it out a second time with Sonnen -- that kid's a beast and would be a deserving champion.
 
You all got trolled by Anderson Silva. He didn't even try.. Hes been getting a lot of bad press about his last fight so he let sonnen lay on him for 23 minutes and then at the end pull off this amazing submission to win. He could of submitted sonnen at any time during the fight. If there ever is a rematch im sure anderson will take care of sonnen in the first round kinda like a "fuck you, you really think this guy could take me?".
 
I was impressed with Sonnen to say the least. I didnt expect to see him put the hurt that heavy on silva, at will! What an amazing card with all the other fights too.

Props to Big Country for having a chin like a beast! They are definitely stacking up some great fighters in all the weight classes.
 
I thought Sonnen was a douche before the fight. "Who the fuck is this guy?"

He really brought it. Nothing but respect for him now.. anderson silva beat down for 5 rounds. Still happy Silva won, though.

And holy fuck does Big Country have a chin..
 
This was the best UFC card in a LONG time. It's extremely rare that you get not only a super stacked card like this one, but that ALL the fights turn out to be amazing. Most times when a good card comes around, I've been let down by quick or underwhelming fights, this was seriously an incredible event.

As for the Sonnen/Silva fight, it went exactly how I predicted, save the submission at the end which was a real shame. I wasn't the least bit surprised that Chael pounded Silva for 4 and a half rounds, the only thing that surprised me was that Chael actually rocked Silva and outstruck him a few times as well. I used to like Silva, but after seeing him disrespect Demian Maia like that in their last fight, I couldn't have been more happy to see him get slapped up and have Chael do a double eardrum clap on his ass.
 
the last 4 or so UFC events have been awesome, practically every fight was a good one. I was heartbroken for Sonnen, poor bastard!