‘You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with

Relationships and experiences bring value to life, the money/financial success just gives you the freedom to maximise the potential of those relationships.

I do agree that you shouldn't put up with people who are constantly putting you down / holding you back, but they're not real friends in the first place.

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that friendship is some mathematical process that they can manipulate to become more successful.

+rep

Well said.
 


Many truths and fallacies lie among all that has been said...

What is right for you? Balance... what type of balance? That's up to you to decide...
 
There certainly are benefits (and negatives for that matter) to having a good social circle.

Nearly every one of my old friends back home has become addicted to heroine. I'm pretty certain they're long gone unless they decide to ditch their relationships with one-another.

I believe in enablers in a big way. I owe any semblance of success that I've had this far to enablers.