3 Head Vid Cards

efeezy

Well-known member
Oct 5, 2007
5,249
136
63
51
Any recommendations on reasonably priced 3 head video cards. No gaming or vid editing involved, just Photoshop, Imageready, Dreamweaver and normal web brower stuff.
 


You mean to tell me no one here is running 3 monitors? C'mon. Someone has to know a good one.
 
That's what most people do, run two dual cards.

However, Matrox makes both internal and external multi dvi port solutions including 3 and 4 port cards, so with two of them you can run 6 or 8 monitors off one box.

Matrox Graphics - Home

They would probably suck for gaming, but for business applications I'm sure they would rock.
 
Just get 2 cards. I used to run a Matrox quad head card. It sucked. 2D performance was noticably slow. They might have improved in the meantime, but I doubt it - their USP is getting out of style, with the ability to run multiple regular cards simultaneously.

-Marlon
 
Just buy liek 3 computers then you will be making 3 times the monies online.

True story. Happened to a friend of a friend of mine.
 
I think I'll wait on the 3 computer idea for now and just get two dual cards. Thanks for the tips.
 
2 dual monitor cards here too.. 4 monitors, and want more. Might see if I can get a PCI one running with the PCI-e's.