35mm negs to digital - Any suggestions?

wezcountry

New member
Aug 31, 2009
1,788
22
0
In the EUSSR
Hi I have a lot of old 33mm negatives that I'd like to convert to digital and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of the best way of doing this? I've looked at some software and some hardware and manually-scan-and-clean guides but maybe someone here has already done this?

Wez
 


You need a slide and negative scanner. I searched for "slide scanner" in Amazon. Here's the first result: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-F2D200-Digital-Converter-2-4-Inch/dp/B002TKMG92/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1276648471&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Wolverine F2D200 35mm Film to Digital Image Converter with 2.4-Inch LCD and TV-Out: Camera & Photo[/ame]
 
i have epson V500 and it do a good job. if you want higher quality but don't want to spend too much go for a used minolta dual scan IV. if you have money to burn go for Nikon Super CoolScan 9000, it is as good as drum scan from pro lab.
 
Something like the V500 should do the job, but like most things photography the more you spend the better quality you will get.