7 Days Later - those NY resolutions?

wezcountry

New member
Aug 31, 2009
1,788
22
0
In the EUSSR
Hi

just wondering how everyone is doing with the New Year resolutions you made? Are you keeping on keeping on? Or are you a total fail?

I'm at about 50% performance for mine - eat at the table and not in front of the PC and 45 minutes Italian learning per day.

Wez

ps ... for those who like Italian ...


G5Jjv.jpg




YqQWk.jpg



XUANe.jpg



Zn4dg.jpg
 


Mine are to do 20 min non-intense cardio every morning (fast walk - just enough to break a sweat) and to limit myself to a maximum of 1 sugary drink per day (basically just enforcing diet soda only, low carb energy drinks, no more sweetener for my coffee) excluding milk.

So far so good. Not trying to lose weight, just increase my daily energy and focus levels (I could just quit going out to smoke a bowl every cpl of hours but meh).

Also, I bought pzizz almost a year ago but haven't used it except maybe like 5 times for the energizer module. Starting last night I'm going to use the sleep module every night this year to see if it helps me get more solid sleep and I'll probably get into taking 20 min power naps with it. Anyone else use this software? Both the sleep and energizer modules are out as iphone apps now too for only like $10 each for those interested.

XYq6wl.jpg
 
still with mine.

no eating after 9 PM (not counting drunken hangover prevention) and No More Soda pop.

Babysteps...
 
Mine is to do 30-40 minutes of light strength training / cardio 3 times a week. I got started on the 2nd and I've been down with the cold ever since. Guess that first 30 minutes put my body into shock. Can't wait to be feeling better so I can start at it again.

I also resolved to cut back on the beer intake..and since I've been sick, I haven't had a single beer...so I guess I'm sticking to one of my resolutions.
 
Nice preggo pic...hey it's variety and that woman is gorgeous.

Doing pretty good with mine so far. Down 3 lbs :)
 
So far so good with the getting in shape resolution. Only missed one weekday at the gym so far.

My biggest resolution was to release at least 1 facebook app this year. Just did that today and already got two more almost done.

its gonna be a great year!

I had to scroll back up to realize she was prego so it obviously wasn't bad.
 
I'm up about 5 pounds - I got put on Prednasone (steroid) because I have asthma and I got a cough I just couldn't shake. When you are on that stuff you retain water like a S.O.B.

My wife said "you look puffy" - not what a person wants to hear....

But in the respect of the resolutions - I am doing good. Fast food is now banned. I am really buying into the concept of eating high-quality food. Not stuff from boxes - not refined sugars - just quality meats and vegetables.

The wife and I are joining a local veggie co-op too. And starting a garden this year. That's the nice thing about having 5 acres in the country.
 
I started mine early this year for some reason.

Am currently finishing up week 3 of 3 day a week light cardio and light weights. I've got a lot to lose and it took a long time to put it on, so it'll take a long time to get up to speed.

My motto? Just show up. Easier when I have a gym at work, so I'm just making it part of my routine.
 
Yeah, Had a month of 10 miles ran a week. Starting to become "Fun" ...as in less shitty.
Only smoked once this year so far. Weekend will be the real test of that one.
 
No simple sugars for seven days and counting. Took on some new vitamins, too, per a suggestion here and feeling a lot better health-wise. No weight loss, but that wasn't really the goal. Just trying to prevent my genetic disposition for diabetes 10-15 years from now by starting early. Going to phase out some other things in the diet over the year including the cokes and some junk foods (that didn't fall into the sweets category)
 
only res is to lose weight. so far lost three pounds. my goal is lose 20 lbs. this year and get down to 175 again. am spacing out my meals throughout the day, eating 200-300 calories per meal. also sticking to 30-45min of cardio every other day.
 
I have several resolutions, and everything dealing with them starts when I get back to school on the 11th, so I'm currently in the preparation stages.

I'm a sophomore in college, and I've got some great classes coming up: Intro to Marketing, intro to Entrepreneurship, Internet Security and Ethics (all of which I've been doing for two to three years now, so it'll be more of a review than an intro, expecting high A's), Business Law, and Chemistry.

My plan is to stay up-to-date on everything in all five classes, not miss a single class, and get that looming 4.0.

In addition, I plan on participating and eventually winning the WF Get Ripped Challenge (I like collecting iPod Touches), and revitalize my body. I'll also be whitening my teeth and getting rid of this horrid acne.