A Simple Viral Tool

RPier

New member
Dec 28, 2011
1
0
0
Everyone loves to laugh right? That was our thought when we decided to make Comedy Meter to promote a bigger site.

The script was sculpted over months and we were finally all set to create an equally killer design. It was at this juncture that a new management makes a dramatic entry into the company. And they have one agenda: they want the site sold! All our work going to someone else. Consequently, it is for sale now at Flippa.

In the meanwhile, if you gurus would critique the idea and it comes out overwhelmingly positive (hey, I'm not suggesting anything!), we would be able to show it to the management and maybe convince them to not sell it. Of course before the auction reaches it's reserve price which is only slightly higher than the current bid.

The idea is to add tons of funny youtube video links and just promote the site through social media and word-of-internet. Not unlike wildfire would it spread from there. After all, who doesn't enjoy good humor?
 


Oh I enjoy some good humor!

For instance, all of the posters below me are funny as hell!

scarjo_popcorn.gif
 
I actually saw that site on Flippa the other day and liked it. I do NOT know why the fuck it took you 1000s of hours of coding, though. That's a weekend project at best. But it is cool. I watched a bunch of funny videos and then it asked me to sign up which I could see being effective...I think there's a name for that...hmm...what is it? Content locking.

If the above seems like a mix of serious and sarcasm that's because it is. Cool idea, OP, but chill the fuck out. It's a fun weekend project for sale on Flippa and why the fuck are you bugging us about it?