Aeron or Embody Herman Miller Chair?

sasquatch

New member
May 14, 2007
267
1
0
I'm ordering two new chairs but don't have a store near me so I can plant my ass in one.

Which on should I get?

Thanks for any advice.
 


Been rockin the embody for few years as well, with zero complaints. The chair is a beast, it weighs over 90 lbs and is built like an adjustable brick shithouse. You can raise and lower the arms, the lumbar adjusts vertically to match the curve of your back, the length can be adjusted depending on the length of your legs. You name it the embody does it. Do your body a favor and pick one up.
 
Have about the same feedback on the Embody everyone else does. Have had mine for about a year and it is the best office chair I could think of having. It's comfortable and very adjustable in many ways. Just don't get food on it or you're going to have to have the fabric dry cleaned. Worth every dollar.
 
I've got the Aeron and it great's for the back and looks a lot better than that Jetson's-looking Embody, but I have to use a cushion under my legs to prevent the stupid ass plastic frame from digging into the backs of my legs. I'm guessing as ugly as the Embody is, they fixed that issue so I would say go with the Embody.


I have aeron... don't have that issue... it come in 3 diff sizes to prevent this
 
Aeron is the shit, except when you have to move it.

Hauling the thing is a royal pain in the ass, its way way way way heavier then it looks.

Its super great for dorms since chairs inevitably get stuff spilled on them.
 
I had an Aeron at work, it was horrible - possibly the most painful chair I've ever sat on.

I'm sitting in an Embody right now. It's comfortable, though I wish it would rise another inch or two.

If I had to go for one, it would be the Embody, otherwise I'd likely go looking elsewhere.
 
FYI, Herman Miller is having their annual 15% off sale soon (like Nov 27-Dec 13) or something. Worth keeping in mind for us cheapskates. 15% off $1k+ adds up. I'm probably gonna buy an embody then, as it was super comfortable and I've heard great things about it.
 
FYI, Herman Miller is having their annual 15% off sale soon (like Nov 27-Dec 13) or something. Worth keeping in mind for us cheapskates. 15% off $1k+ adds up. I'm probably gonna buy an embody then, as it was super comfortable and I've heard great things about it.

if youre a cheapskate just but a refurb from ebay at 1/3 rrp cost