Alice in Wonderland

AddisonDomains

Mmmmm baby baby
Mar 30, 2010
912
8
0
So,

I went to go see Alice in Wonderland and I will admit I am a pretty big fan of both Burton and Depp. I went ahead and paid the extra $3.00 to see it in 3D (fucking rip off), and was prepared to be blown away.

Well, I wasn't. I didn't think the 3D was really worth the extra three bucks and I felt Depp pretty much sucked dick throughout and almost seemed like he was forcing it the entire, plus it was rather short and left me with as many questions as I had before the movie started.

Anyone else see this movie yet?
 


Agreed. The 3d was fail, movie was decent. I was expecting Avatard 3d and got 1989 King Kong LIVE IN 3d, 3D,
 
I saw it in 3D too. Only a few cool effects.

Thought the movie itself sucked also. Was close to leaving
 
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sATjN9CP6HM]YouTube - Machine Gun Kelly - Alice in Wonderland Music Video (HD)[/ame]
 
I downloaded the movie instead... least you guys confirmed I wasn't really missing much far as the 3D or big screen goes.

Movie was... entertaining to say the least, it wasn't what I'd consider epic, and probably wasn't depp's greatest part, though he played it decently, but I got the hatter from the disney film stuck in my head the whole time so it kind of makes it difficult to re-absorb a different character so to speak.
 
The main reason is that the story sucked. So everyone just saw crap in 3d.

I watched it without 3d... in fact it was a cam rip (uh... watched at someone else's house) so there was no 3d, no dlp/srs, and it was dark. Taking away all those bells and whistles, it just boiled down to a crappy movie.
 
That movie was some goddamn bull shit.

Tim Burton's been phoning it in for years, and evidently Depp has free reign to just fuck around as long as he seems relatively "dark" and "edgy" and "Burtony" (i.e.: something out of Hot Topic.)

The characters were non-existent, with almost zero development aside from a few cliches and stereotypes. Because of that, they had no internal motivation, and the plot seemed to arbitrarily self-generate.

The story thumped like a sack of dead dogs, and forsook any kind of mystery and wonder for a half-hearted adventure tale. This was particularly blatant in the final battle - Alice in Wonderland does not need a battle. This is not Helm's Deep.

The fudderwacken was an abomination.

The fantasy elements were inconsitent.

The 3D added nothing, and it was fairly obviously added as an afterthought.

And it tops it all off with the explicit condoning of British economic imperialism.

Yes, I take movies with cartoon rabbits very seriously.
 
It was a cool movie. I felt that the characters themselves were far more entertaining than the movie as a whole though.
 
I watched the movie and i must say i was disappointed to see the 18 year old Alice. Overall the movie is average....some of the special effects are good
 
An Alice in Wonderland movie could have been so much. Way to turn it into another Tim Burton creepy obtuse suck fest, assholes. Depp has been going downhill, imo. The fact that probably his best role in the past decade has been a pirate in a Disney movie says it all.