I wired $25k to AMEX last week, August 6th, to prepay my Starwood account (to allow me to create an artificially high limit) so I can use my card more frequently. The money left my bank on August 6th. AMEX has lost my wire and still hasn't found it.
I've made 5 such wires in the previous months and they lost 1 of those. In that instance, they opened a dispute and "found" the wire within 2 days.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should/can do this time? I've called every day and by the 3rd day they opened a "dispute" for me saying they will track and find the money. They still haven't found it and its been 8 days since I sent the money. Whenever I call, I get the feeling no one really gives a shit and they won't let you talk to anyone who actually does the research and "finds" your money.
At this point, I figured I would open it up to the great minds at WF. Anyone have a recommendation for me? Thanks.
I've made 5 such wires in the previous months and they lost 1 of those. In that instance, they opened a dispute and "found" the wire within 2 days.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should/can do this time? I've called every day and by the 3rd day they opened a "dispute" for me saying they will track and find the money. They still haven't found it and its been 8 days since I sent the money. Whenever I call, I get the feeling no one really gives a shit and they won't let you talk to anyone who actually does the research and "finds" your money.
At this point, I figured I would open it up to the great minds at WF. Anyone have a recommendation for me? Thanks.