An SEO guy gets pwned on Sharks Tank

avatar33

e-Hustler
Dec 5, 2009
3,838
52
48
Calgary, AB
Have you guys seen this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xihIRNe1sGo]Shark Tank Mark Cuban calls out power bands - negative ion products - YouTube[/ame]

He looked like a fool up there, but I'm still impressed he made over 100k in sales just through SEO.
 


I wonder if he has a WF account lol

So it seems that after the show he closed down his site essowatches.com (I assume due to the negative publicity), re-branded and opened Ion Watch by TAGI Watches | Wholesale Silicone Watches (which doesn't seem like an SEO powerhouse at first glance). I wonder if he shot himself in the foot by going on the show. Should have kept banking through SEO with his 1st site.
 
inb4 I see WFers in shark tank with their diet pills, green coffee, acai, etc.
 
He tried selling the site on flippa a few months after the show but no one would buy it. So much for believing in your business.

https://flippa.com/2716081-turn-key-business-over-100-000-in-sales-last-year-licensed-cpa-verified

Damn. Cuban really destroyed his business! I can't believe he couldn't even get 5k off flippa for all his business + sites.

I love how he avoided all questions about Sharks Tank in the comments section.

I would never set foot on that show even with the greatest idea. It's a slaughterhouse.
 
Shark Tank make's people feel stupid, you try to outsmart the smartest business people, and they come back with an offer to fuck you over.
 
So it seems that after the show he closed down his site essowatches.com (I assume due to the negative publicity),

Could have been because lawyers for ExxonMobil seen the show, and let him know it's going to get very painful for him if he continues using the name Esso.
 
This was predictable. They won't openly support this guy. Privately, odds of they would have, but they are obviously attention whore's (the 'sharks') who want a 'good business' public image.