Any of you webmasters in the Texas area when Ike has been making landfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.


I'm in Dallas and the storm is up here now. It's been real dark and rainy all day long. I know a lot of people from Houston are up here and our gas prices went up.
 
with regards to my daytime job, the servers are running from the diesel generators for at least the next two weeks. Other than that, things are golden.
 
We live in North Houston. Normally would have just ridden out a cat 2/3, but with a 3 week old baby the thought of being without power indefinetly did not sound appealing at all. So we evacuated to my parent's house in the Dallas/ft worth area. We dont know how our house faired. All of our friends that could check for us left as well. :/

Edit: anyone else in houston rightnow won't have power to respond to this.
 
In Austin and all the Houstonites are filling up our fine city :P not that I wish them ill
 
I am in the North Houston metro area. We rode it out and just got our power (and internet back). :bowdown: <<< Me thanking the internet gods.


I had one tree knocked over, but it missed my house by about 12 inches. :bowdown: <<< Me thanking the tree gods.

Otherwise, I have a gas hot water heater and stove, so hot showers, coffee, and lots of pasta was on the menu.

Anyway, I am sick about Galveston.....lots o' good memories. But otherwise, my kids and I are fine, and we didn't have enough real damage to meet my homeowner's insurance deductible.
 
p.s. .. ok, me bad...but I just saw a CafePress site selling FEMA SUCKS T Shirts.

I imagine those would do well in the ice lines right now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.