Any solution for storing ideas?

fekfek

Banned
Jan 8, 2011
39
0
0
I was using bubbl.us but for a while it is not reliable since it often crashes and screw my mind when I am producing something. And this is extremely annoying and I can't trust these fuckers anymore to store my valuable ideas -startup, app, strategy etc. ideas-

After reviewed maybe 15 sites, I love the interface and simplicity of bubbl.us and never found a better one. However reliability is more important for me of course.

I tried to use spreadsheet and docs in several ways, but i couldn't find the bubbl.us' comfort yet.

So what do you use for brainstorming/storing ideas?

or where do you keep your ideas and how?
 


+1 for notepad.. and napkins, post-it notes, envelopes, cell phone, and whatever else is nearby. Sorting and organizing is another matter...
 
On my Mac I use the stickies application and on my iPhone I use notes to just basically keep a stream of conscious style to-do lists and new ideas + things I want to look up, research further. It's working pretty well. Only problem is it's almost constantly growing and anytime I scratch one thing off the idea/todo list I'm adding 5 new ones.
 
I add stickys on my windows 7 laptops for all the domains I want to eventually register. Notes app on my iPhone, and I have a half screwed in (only one side) whiteboard hanging from my bedroom wall for any others. True story
 
disc-2gb-pen.jpg



notebook.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: DanWesson
Maybe I am just getting old but I still feel value in physically writing things down, so it's post-it notes and sheets of A4 paper from my printer.
 
mind manager brah, btw fekfek are you friends with blokblok?
no.

thank you!! its perfect!

have an idea -> scribble a random shape on my hand to remind myself later that i had an idea** -> when i have time, test the idea -> observe results, move on to next idea

if you have more ideas than space on your hand for the shapes you are drawing, you need to have fewer ideas, or draw smaller shapes
if you are washing off ideas faster than you are executing them, you need to have fewer ideas, or take fewer showers and spend more time working

** don't fuck yourself here by trying to write "words" or take "notes". if it's a good idea, a single e.g. blue circle should be enough to remind you of it. if you can't remember your idea from basic cues you leave yourself, maybe get out of business and go back to burger flippin', chump.

i didn't write i am looking for reminder you fucked fuckhead.
 
Your going to to get 1 million different answers, this is one of those things people do differently.

I have tried every digital solution there is, but I still find myself using a pen and paper most times. The act of physically writing down something creates a process in your brain that just can not be duplicated by typing alone.
 
I really like Evernote. It's free (paid upgrade option) and can sync effortlessly between the desktop application, website, browser toolbar/plugin, and mobile app. Great because you can access your ideas whenever/wherever. Lots of different ways to organize your thoughts also.
 
I used to use Evernote, but got annoyed by it, for reasons I now forget and moved a few months back to DEVONthink, which I think it the shit.

DEVONthink

A friend uses Nottingham, which he loves - it's a simple basic notepad app, apparently based on Notational Velocity.

Nottingham - The elegant notepad for your Mac

This is likely up your street as well. (I've never used this and it appears to be web based, unlike everything else, which inadvertently appears to be Mac only.)

Simplenote. An easy way to keep notes, lists, ideas, and more.