Anybody have a Flip HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexb

Señor Member
Dec 6, 2007
1,510
21
0
Indiana
I was talking to a guy at work about my upcoming trip to Japan, and he told me I should go buy a Flip HD to record all those wacky Japanese people. Before I go and drop $200 on the thing, I'd like to know if anybody here has one and what they think about it.
 


yes, love it.

It has one downfall- the lens isn't nearly wide enough for easily capturing multiple people at once indoors (ie people 6' away from you at a bar).

Still well worth the 200 - pretty good video quality with decent lighting- a little grainy/poor low light performance but for $200 and the size & ease of use/charging it can't be beat.
 
If you are going to Osaka, you gotta try this.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfnY_D1blbM]YouTube - Invisible Gun asian prank osaka japan[/ame]

also, it is impolite not to bow back. If you keep bowing to some older lady they are will going to keep bowing until you stop.
 
Just bought the Creative Vado HD after comparing it against the Flip models. Check out some reviews.
 
I bought the Creative Vado HD as well after comparing against the Flip HD. Got it from amazon and really love it. Takes great video of the kids and such.
 
Personally I didn't like it... had it for about two days and returned it to Circuit City (back when they were still alive). It was terrible in low light, the buttons sucked and felt cheap, and the sound wasn't very good at all.
 
The Flip's video isn't any better than a regular point and shoot digital. Especially now that Canon and others have ones that shoot in HD. So you get the great video, the mediocre sound, plus you don't have to carry two devices in order to shoot stills.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SD780IS12-1-Stabilized-Black/dp/B001SER47Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244729485&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black): Electronics[/ame]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.