Anyone been in the repo/debt collecting biz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealMedia

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
314
2
0
Im currently under contract doing financial repossession of cars and equipment. Just wondering if any of you guys have done this type of thing before.

Ill keep posting pics of new cars I get :)

Range Rover 3.6 Turbo Diesel Sport HSE
£70,000 UK. This bitch even has a fridge :P

5436436159a10718363523o.jpg
 


I wrote a collection agency management system long ago, so I understand the biz. I will tell you that guys who are writing turnkey automation sites for debt collectors are making a fucking killing right now.
 
Picking up cars in the middle of the night from people who haven't made their payments? Sounds like a fun job! How often are you confronted by somebody when you're repoing the car?
 
My buddy has a repo company and they picked up a Lambo. My brother goes a few nights a week with him and I hear some crazy shit from him. Police have warned them before to be careful because if they knock on the wrong door, there's a chance they'll be chased by someone with a machete.

Supposedly they arent allowed to carry weapons either... but rules are made to be broken.
 
I had a repo man at my door one night about 8 years ago. Banging on the door yelling about where the hell my car was so he could take it. wtf? a) Oh sure let me just go get that for you, would you like some coffee while you wait? b) get the fuck off my porch, you fucking piece of shit low life, scum. We have a gun.

How do you think the scenario went?

EDit: To clarify I owned my car this was not a bank repo. This was people that had hired a repo guy because they thought I should have paid them more for the repair job we had done on our car a few months before. How do we live in a country where something like that is ok?
 
I had a repo man at my door one night about 8 years ago. Banging on the door yelling about where the hell my car was so he could take it. wtf? a) Oh sure let me just go get that for you, would you like some coffee while you wait? b) get the fuck off my porch, you fucking piece of shit low life, scum. We have a gun.

How do you think the scenario went?

EDit: To clarify I owned my car this was not a bank repo. This was people that had hired a repo guy because they thought I should have paid them more for the repair job we had done on our car a few months before. How do we live in a country where something like that is ok?

That's fucked. Straight up theft.
 
I had a repo man at my door one night about 8 years ago. Banging on the door yelling about where the hell my car was so he could take it. wtf? a) Oh sure let me just go get that for you, would you like some coffee while you wait? b) get the fuck off my porch, you fucking piece of shit low life, scum. We have a gun.

How do you think the scenario went?

EDit: To clarify I owned my car this was not a bank repo. This was people that had hired a repo guy because they thought I should have paid them more for the repair job we had done on our car a few months before. How do we live in a country where something like that is ok?

Totally Illegal - you should've sued.

I located and picked up a Dodge Viper the cops couldn't find.... fun days indeed.
 
Just picked up a Peuget 206 non-running and a 2007 plate corsa 1.6 :P

You want pics or not, pretty basic cars compared to the range rover.

Ill give ya a story about it tomorrow, 1 am and im just in from repoing so gona catch some ZZzz's
 
Status
Not open for further replies.