Anyone Drink Almond Milk?

Link: Genetically modified food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


GMO sounds a lot scarier than it actually is. The conditions that Americans are dying of every year (heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc.) are primarily caused by obesity. People aren't getting triple-bypasses because of the GMO tomatoes they love to eat.

Health problems commence with excess calories in and insufficient calories out.


You're probably right in stating that GM foods sound scarier than they actually are, but c'mon you don't think there's an off chance that they'll eventually tell us eating GM foods is linked to different cancers?

I dunno, personally, I'd rather have the choice of whether or not I eat GM foods. If history is any indicator of the way things work, it usually takes them a shitload of time before they admit that x is linked to cancer or some other shit. Especially when there's tons of money flying around.
 


Link: Genetically modified food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


GMO sounds a lot scarier than it actually is. The conditions that Americans are dying of every year (heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc.) are primarily caused by obesity. People aren't getting triple-bypasses because of the GMO tomatoes they love to eat.

Health problems commence with excess calories in and insufficient calories out.

It takes multiple generations to see the full effects of GMO. 15 years isn't even one generation. I think you're way off on this.

Jeffrey Smith: Genetically Modified Soy Linked to Sterility, Infant Mortality in Hamsters

After feeding hamsters for two years over three generations, those on the GM diet, and especially the group on the maximum GM soy diet, showed devastating results. By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies. They also suffered slower growth, and a high mortality rate among the pups.

And if this isn't shocking enough, some in the third generation even had hair growing inside their mouths--a phenomenon rarely seen, but apparently more prevalent among hamsters eating GM soy

It's not like drinking poison where you are effected immediately. It's genetic and thus takes longer to rear it's ugly head.

It's already wreaking havoc on the intestinal tracts of pigs which is why many sausage manufacturers are having to import their pig intestines they use for sausage casings from New Zealand where GMO is/was banned. The pig intestines from the US that they used to use are too brittle and break due to GMO thus making them useless for sausage production. Humans have very similar digestive tracts to pigs, it's just that we have longer lifespans and thus have yet to reach that third generation where GMO really to starts to show it's effects.

Genetically modified food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scientists first discovered that DNA can transfer between organisms in 1946

Keep eating that bullshit all you want.. your grand kids will appreciate it. GMO corn is the number one fucking problem in the US IMO.
 
Is GM corn identified in stores by a sign or something? I thought I had read that Monsanto didn't have to inform the public that they were slowly killing them.
 
Is GM corn identified in stores by a sign or something? I thought I had read that Monsanto didn't have to inform the public that they were slowly killing them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they either recently successfully lobbied to not have to disclose what products are GMO or are in the process of doing so. Either way, that's without a doubt where we're headed. It doesn't matter really, those who are smart enough to avoid it will also be smart enough to assume everything they buy is GMO unless it's clearly stated otherwise, which it usually is bc of it being a major selling point to those who care. So, in effect, it's opposite of common sense (as many things are) in that products will not be labeled as detrimental to your health, rather a small selection will be labeled as not being detrimental to your health.

This used to perplex the shit out of me until I realized it is as it should be. People do not want to be reminded that what they crave is bad for them, but those that do care want to be made aware that the alternative they seek is in fact better in whatever way it may be.

Fuck em. Let them eat cake.
 
It takes multiple generations to see the full effects of GMO. 15 years isn't even one generation. I think you're way off on this.

Jeffrey Smith: Genetically Modified Soy Linked to Sterility, Infant Mortality in Hamsters



It's not like drinking poison where you are effected immediately. It's genetic and thus takes longer to rear it's ugly head.

It's already wreaking havoc on the intestinal tracts of pigs which is why many sausage manufacturers are having to import their pig intestines they use for sausage casings from New Zealand where GMO is/was banned. The pig intestines from the US that they used to use are too brittle and break due to GMO thus making them useless for sausage production. Humans have very similar digestive tracts to pigs, it's just that we have longer lifespans and thus have yet to reach that third generation where GMO really to starts to show it's effects.

Genetically modified food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



Keep eating that bullshit all you want.. your grand kids will appreciate it. GMO corn is the number one fucking problem in the US IMO.

If the adverse effects of GMO only show up into the 3rd generation, then obviously you're right, there's no way to know one way or the other and we're all pretty much clueless as to the safety of eating GMO foods down the line. I will say one thing though, that I'm not putting too much stock into any studies with rats or hamsters because, if you keep reading further down the page on the link you sent me, even 2nd generation hamsters are dropping dead from eating GMO foods, which is clearly not happening in the human population so there is obviously a difference between rodents and humans when it comes to handling GMO foods.

I'm agnostic on this one, as we all should be if your gene theory is correct. I maintain that what is killing our current population is not the occasional ear of corn that is resistant to pesticides. It's the extreme excess in calories and all of the cascading effects that results from that. What will kill our grandchildren, well, I don't think anyone really knows. My gut tells me GMO is fine. We'll find out soon enough...