Anyone From Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what all the stats are now, but many of the undergrad and grad programs at UT are nationally ranked and recognized. The engineering program is strong, but the building is butt ugly. LOL - Spent some time there for part of my degree many moons ago. :)
 


Yeah I live in Austin, nice place, houses are expensive as FUCK though. If you want something that actually resembles something you might want to live in, you're looking at at least 800k (we're talking about the same house that might be ~150k in Houston). I'm already paying 1600 a month for my apartment lease, it's in a nice location but it's not like it's in the middle of downtown or anything. But if you're into partying and doing shit thursday through sunday it's a fun place.
 

Well those are also extremely far from everything, if I'm not mistaken. It would be like living in Katy, where the prices would be lower. That first one you found is actually pretty surprising to me though because I've seen houses for 500-600k that are total shitholes.
 
Austin is not that big. 'extremely far from everything' is like 10 minutes away.... unless of course your watch says 5:15pm and you're sitting in a parking lot named Interstate 35, then you'll feel like you could never be close enough!
 
Austin is not that big. 'extremely far from everything' is like 10 minutes away.... unless of course your watch says 5:15pm and you're sitting in a parking lot named Interstate 35, then you'll feel like you could never be close enough!

I'd have to disagree from personal experience, although it may have been where I was staying in Round Rock - near Dell.

Everything is 30 minutes away and if you are going to Lakeway - hour plus.

And you get the nice toll roads all the time, but that shouldn't be any different from jersey . . .
 
Austin is not that big. 'extremely far from everything' is like 10 minutes away.... unless of course your watch says 5:15pm and you're sitting in a parking lot named Interstate 35, then you'll feel like you could never be close enough!

What part of Austin are you from? It's taken me 30+ minutes to get to a lot of places, in non- rush hour traffic. I'm also from Houston where you expect everyone else to drive aggressively, which is quite different from the people in Austin who love driving 5-10 miles UNDER the speed limit for some reason. Luckily I live 5 minutes away from downtown, but sometimes the shit is just ridiculous.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.