Anyone own a Nissan Armada? I'm thinking of getting one.

efeezy

Well-known member
Oct 5, 2007
5,249
136
63
51
With kid #2 on the way in a couple of months, and absolutely no desire on my part to get a damn mini-van, I'm seriously thinking about getting a Nissan Armada. I've got an old friend who's a fleet manager and can get me one for a grand or so below invoice, so the price is more than right. I've owned several Nissan's in the past and actually prefer them over Honda and Toyota. I'm just curious if there are any owners among us and if you have any thoughts on it. I've only heard good things about them over the years, so that's why I'm leaning that way.
 


With kid #2 on the way in a couple of months, and absolutely no desire on my part to get a damn mini-van, I'm seriously thinking about getting a Nissan Armada. I've got an old friend who's a fleet manager and can get me one for a grand or so below invoice, so the price is more than right. I've owned several Nissan's in the past and actually prefer them over Honda and Toyota. I'm just curious if there are any owners among us and if you have any thoughts on it. I've only heard good things about them over the years, so that's why I'm leaning that way.
I had a Mecury Mountaineer, and am looking at getting a lincoln aviator, never thought of nissan though, maybe I will look into it, I like the option of the 3rd row, and amount of room the others give
 
They are extremely spacious, comfortable, if you have long legs and have an awkward body. Then you'll like it even more. It is a smooth ride, the features are worth it if you are willing to splurge a bit.
 
Cool. Yeah, I'm 6'5" so the leg and head room is a must. 3rd row will be nice too, even if it only fits midget kids. I'm thinking of the SL with the Entertainment & Moonroof pkgs. I don't really need another V8 , but I don't drive much at all these days, so fuel isn't a major concern.
 
got a 2008 LE silver, im 6'3" and driving it is awesome.

i sat in a expedition and it felt too much like a work truck, then i went over to nissan and the armada felt like i was sitting in a spaceship so i bought it.

the interior dashboard and center consel feel a little plastic'y, when my driver window is cracked a few inches it shakes when i hit bumps and makes a clanky sound, i heard other owners have that same problem. other then that its a great car.

mechanically they dont make cars like they use to but all cars are gonna be victim of cheaper shortcuts to keep the overall prices reasonable for the consumer.

got 3 kids and its great for outings to the park or beach. i also got a minivan which has way more room then any suv but you will not know that until you own a minivan.
 
Check out the Honda Pilot. I had an 09 as a demo at the tail end of my auto sales career (I wanted to learn how to sell, so I did) .

The new generation of Pilots are great driving vehicles even at triple digit speeds in the rain. The older ones were unstable in the wet -- But not this generation.

BTW I'm a real racer, so when I say they drive great, I know what I'm talking about.
 
whats up with the mpg on the armada. it sucks bro.

I hardly put any miles on my cars these days. And the wife just does local driving, so I'm not sweating the MPG too much even with the shitty gas prices.
 
cant tell you about the Nissan, but as someone with 3 kids and a couple boats, I own:

2008 Toyota Sequoia
2009 Honda Pilot

I test drove a couple others, but didnt test drive the Nissan. However, out of the ones I did try the Sequoia was by far the top dog for me. Very spacious, reliable as all get out, and very executive feeling inside ( platinum version ). It just handles was too damn well. It does have the 5.7 liter in it, so you might wanna pick something with a 6 cyl in it, which is why the wife got the Honda Pilot ( 4x4 touring model ).

I agree with the poster above on the Pilot, its a damn fine SUV, offer lots of space and room for everyone. I actually sometimes drive it instead because of the get up and go it has. Not that the Sequoia doesnt have it, but its a monster ass hoss that loves the top range more then the bottom range.
 
I have a 2007 SE, it is my first Nissan, I am a fan for life, the motor is a beast and bullet proof. Handles really well and you can haul anything with it literally. I found out after I bought the Armada that it based on the Nissan Titan. The frame, motor, transmission, axles etc. Bottom line if you ever want to tow a trailer, boat, small house it can do it no problem. The motor produces well over 300 HP and that is conservative. The Infiniti QX56 is based on the Armada as well main difference is interior.
 
Dude get the V8, I know you won't be racing it around town but a V6 with 270HP trying to lug around 5500lbs is gonna be pathetic. You're only gaining about 1MPG by going with the V6 because it has to work so much harder to pull the car. To top it off Nissan V6's are less than refined and fairly noisy. Nissan obviously agrees with me since the V6 isn't even offered on the 2011 Armada
 
We drove an Armada and a QX56 before buying my wife's current vehicle -- she was not wild about the handling of the Armada, and it had terrible maintenance reports at the time (mind you this was for the 06-07 model years, so much may have changed.) We ended up getting an Expedition -- it's like a space shuttle hangar with wheels as far as interior space goes, and we could pay cash for two for the price of a single QX. We're 40k miles into the Expedition at this point, and have not had any complaints at all.


Frank
 
Cool thanks for all the info. I haven't heard of any maintenance issues with the 2010/2011 models, so hopefully they're sold as that goes. I'm definitely getting the V8. In that big of a truck, the V6 would be a dog. I've got a 2007 Dodge Ram quad cab with the HEMI, so I can already tow a house, but it will be nice to have some power in the suv.
 
22386210001_large.jpg
 
Big comfy SUV, but why not get something like a Infiniti FX35-45? It has a good punch, AWD, deep rumble. Used to drive an FX35, loved it. The muffler sound is amazing.

Not like it says anything but it's fun winning pimped out civics and jettas with a SUV.