Anyone rockin' the Eee PC?



My wife had one last year, it basically lasted a year before it's physical condition started to fall apart, such as battery not charging, or left click button not working, to touchpad being unresponsive and card reader dying and so on. We got it brand new from best buy. And the model she had before that only lasted a week cuz the motherboard was defective, and they didn't have the same eeepc model so she got the 50$ cheaper one in exchange, which is the one that finally died last month.
 
my brother just got that exact computer, but in black...it's nice for a netbook, but that's all it is, is a netbook...the battery life really does last a long time, and windows 7 runs fairly well on it too...he hasn't tried running any big apps on it or anything though or tried to use it for serious computing...but for what he's needed it for it has worked great...i played around with it, i liked the layout of the keyboard, and the trackpad wasn't bad.
 
@Nicky: So I take it you're pleased with it?

@Karl: I was getting kind of worried there. I think dropping it may have had something to do with it...

My only complaint is the single click bar, as opposed to left/right click buttons.
 
@Nicky: So I take it you're pleased with it?

@Karl: I was getting kind of worried there. I think dropping it may have had something to do with it...

My only complaint is the single click bar, as opposed to left/right click buttons.

Yeah it works well for what it is. The keyboard is too small for long term typing, like I couldn't write 1-2k words for a blog post on it, but it's been great for pulling over and handling problems with things while driving, or finding directions, phone numbers.

My fav is ordering pizza on the way home and having the dominos pizza tracker open on the passenger seat so I can see if I'm gonna get home before the pizza does. Yes I'm a nerd.
 
Yeah it works well for what it is. The keyboard is too small for long term typing, like I couldn't write 1-2k words for a blog post on it, but it's been great for pulling over and handling problems with things while driving, or finding directions, phone numbers.

My fav is ordering pizza on the way home and having the dominos pizza tracker open on the passenger seat so I can see if I'm gonna get home before the pizza does. Yes I'm a nerd.

doesnt that thing just default to 30 mins no matter what.. lol
 
I have that exact same one, same color everything. Sits in my glovebox with my aircard. I use it ALL THE TIME.

Better watch it this Summer, that 110F heat is going to make a plastic molten mess in your glove box!

my EPC is more $$$ than your Eee PC

lulz


OP,

I have the 12G SSD/1G/8" model and use it for travel (tether to bberry) adn movies on the plane. Totally recommend it, but remember it's a cheaper $300-400 netbook.
 
Meh if you ain't rocking two screens on your netbook

22143_300311683912_504613912_3301046_8113119_n.jpg
 
it is too small to be use as a serious computer so you are going to need another laptop at home. It is pain in the ass to work with two laptops.

if all you do is check email and light web surfing, get an iphone or Android phone
 
I have that exact same one, same color everything. Sits in my glovebox with my aircard. I use it ALL THE TIME.

^^ this.

I have the cheapest EEE PC ever made, came with some funky install of Linux and I bought it at Target for like $150 about a year ago. I use mine for the same exact thing though, in the car with an aircard from ATT. I installed a bare bones version of XP on it and it works great. Again, I only use it for the car when on trips.

Also works good on my boats when I need it.
 
To those who own this particular model: How long is the power cord? My current Asus M50 has a pitifully short cord that can't reach for beans. I'm hoping this model has a longer one.
 
Bought it.. used it... sold it

I picked up the 1000HE last year just for traveling. N270 with 2GB - great little machine, but try as I did, I could not get used to the screen size!

Went back to my 17" toshy for travel.

+ I flipped EPC for an HP EX490 Smart Server - best piece of gear I've bought in years!
 
Had the 1001HA and needed something a tad bigger with a nicer keyboard 1201HA did the trick, love it.