Anyone tapering off medication?

jdturner11

Banned
Sep 2, 2010
79
2
0
I got prescribed medication awhile back due to my anxiety disorder and depression. Since then I have been switched 4 times to different brands and types. Eventually I said enough is enough - I told my psychiatrist I need to be taken off and she complied.

Getting off sucks - for those of you on the same boat, do you feel shitty as hell too?
 


I'd guess that 80% of people on meds never needed them and just started them because they had a bad few months and ended up at the psych with a quick prescription and a bunch of inaccurate mental labels.

If you're one of those 80%, congrats on taking responsibility for yourself.
If you're not, I guess you'll find out soon enough.
 
im actually taking a 3 week break from pot because I was getting kinda stupid

(my short term memory was fried)

but now my creativity and mood suck. uggggh
 
I'm just wondering, since every time I've been depressed I've been in that situation due to what I did to my life... eg: huge campaigns dying off and making messed up business decisions.

So I know that in that situation meds wouldn't help because even if they did, all it would do would be curing the symptoms.

The very reason why I was depressed was my mind telling me there's something fucked up with my life and I need to take action to fix it fast. By not taking action and postponing it you get more depressed.

And every time I started being proactive and working on the things that got me depressed in the first place I eventually elevated the depression and got back to normal.

Is that the case with you?
 
The problem with me was a due to traumatic experiences as a child - I was afraid to leave the home so they medicated me, the depression stemmed from me never seeing anyone.
 
What's your diet? This is clutch when it comes to the depression thing.

I'm a big believer in the Primal Blueprint. You need to make sure you're eating lots of colorful veggies and a good ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6's, meaning no bullshit omega-6 polyunsaturated fats or cornfed meat. Eat real food, not food products.

Not saying that's the cure, but I'm into the "food as medicine" thing and feel 100x better when I'm strictly primal.
 
^This. I'm a firm believer in going back to basics first, chemicals second. I've seen people have a real hard time getting off of anti-depressants. Anything that fucks with your brain chemicals scares me, unless your brain chemicals are fucked anyway I guess. Props to you for getting off the meds, you may want to try exercise, meditation, or other alternative therapies to make the transition easier. If all else fails; drink, smoke, then pass out. :D
 
I quit Adderall cold turkey after using/abusing it everyday for like 3 months.

I've been off it for like 4-5 months and still feel like I'm brain dead. Can't concentrate on shit and my energy levels are pretty much zero.

Most prescription drugs are some seriously hardcore shit. Just stick to weed and over time you will balance back out and return to normal. Could take many months or possibly years to fully recover. That's how I feel at least, might not have to do with adderall maybe just stress?

Anyways, good luck sir!
 
The problem with me was a due to traumatic experiences as a child - I was afraid to leave the home so they medicated me, the depression stemmed from me never seeing anyone.

Agoraphobia? Do you have it now, you mean, or you had it as a child?

Join a dating service, find a girl slightly more fucked up than you so you won't feel as bad, and you'll have better problems to worry about.
 
aare there any food replacements for viagra?

I don't think there's anything quite as potent (never done the lil blue pill), but there are definitely some natural testosterone boosters that are pretty good when extracted properly. Studies back them too.

This may or may not be one of my niches :food-smiley-010:

One disclaimer is that I've never had ED... in fact my dysfunction is I'll get hard TOO often still (I'm 28 going on 13)... but I still have felt the effects from some of the natty test boosters out there.