Apartment or house?

Apartment or House?

  • House

    Votes: 47 70.1%
  • Apartment

    Votes: 20 29.9%

  • Total voters
    67


if you got the cash to buy it outright, do the house.

but it depends on where you are in life, as an apartment might be more feasible
 
Get a house. Trust me on this. Odds are if you decide to move in an apartment you're going to want to move out someday and you won't see a penny of the money you spent on renting the place. If you own a house you can sell it off when you want to move.
 
Things that are priceless about owning a home...

Being able to walk around, watch TV at a reasonable volume, or play music at all, without your downstairs neighbors bitching.

Not having to listen to your neighbors' TV, stereo, playing with their dog, slamming doors. At 3am.

Not having your upstairs neighbor's plumbing leak into your apartment. Ours leaked into our downstairs neighbor's ceiling and it popped like a big zit when the property manager poked it. It was hilarious because they were assholes. (We couldn't even turn our TV up to like 3 out of 10 or they'd complain about the noise. No stereo speakers or subwoofer hooked up; just the built-in speakers.)

A garage; no scraping ice off windows, no carrying groceries up two flights of stairs. I can store shit I'm not using instead of having to sell it or throw it away. I don't have to worry about someone keying my car, or sunlight aging my tires prematurely.

Getting drunk and rowdy on the weekends and nobody complains.

Full size washer and dryer. Closet space. A full size kitchen.

Security. I have ADT. Can you install that in an apartment? Contrary to another post here, I think apartments are less secure because sneaky neighbors can see and hear you all the time and your doors are often not exposed to public view, so nobody sees them breaking in, and neighbors ignore noise. Not to mention nosey managers who can get in with their key when you're out, digging through your shit for giggles.

Choice of ISPs and phone service. At my last apartment I had 128k DSL, and NO OTHER OPTIONS. I couldn't even get satellite because it faced the wrong direction.

Decorating. I can paint, replace shit, put up my own blinds, etc.

I can run wiring. I ran RJ45 to my xbox 360, and now I can stream HD movies to my living room from my PCs in my loft. I don't like to use WIFI for a few reasons.

I don't have to wait for a property manager to fix shit. I can get it done my way, now.

No bugs from nasty fucking neighbors who can't clean up after themselves or their shitty kids or pets.

Down sides... cutting grass, weeding, watering the grass, shoveling the sidewalk, maintenance.
 
corner 3 bedroom apt on the 22nd floor in downtown Chicago for the win..... sold my crib in Florida.

Fuck yard work and all that BS! I now have a door man...secured building and covered parking... full size W&D, no yard work.. a gym.. drycleaner, free Starbucks and a building full of hawt chicks!

6213_108553862359_690202359_2167885_4794513_n.jpg
 
corner 3 bedroom apt on the 22nd floor in downtown Chicago for the win..... sold my crib in Florida.

Fuck yard work and all that BS! I now have a door man...secured building and covered parking... full size W&D, no yard work.. a gym.. drycleaner, free Starbucks and a building full of hawt chicks!

6213_108553862359_690202359_2167885_4794513_n.jpg

what building are you in?
 
I'd rather be outside a big city and in a busy town near by instead, easy to commute yet peaceful and you can have your music as loud as you want anytime.

luxurious-marbella-villa.jpg