Atrix 4G vs iPhone 4 w/ AT&T

Dec 8, 2010
275
7
0
I have a iPhone 3GS and it's time to upgrade this month... I'm staying w/ AT&T, but I'm considering two different phones either the Atrix 4G or the iPhone 4.

I'm willing to try something new w/ the Atrix, but I've never used Android. I use my phone for it's iPod & tethering features and I like knowing all I have to do is open iTunes and everything is in sync... (the truth is aside from the watching the news, checking my email, and listening to audio I don't really care about apps.)

Has anyone made the switch from iOS4 to Android?

Thoughts?
 


i have both an iphone 4 and a droid x ... my personal phone is the droid, my work phone is the iphone.

TBH i love the droid X. the iPhone is a bit smoother but other than that i find it very lacking. It just seems like the droid has all the options i want, where i want them, it's like a raw OS. Where the iphone to me seems like it's tailored to newbies, and how apple wants people to do thing on their phone... if that makes sense

go w/ the atrix, that thing looks sick as hell
 
I'd honestly wait until iphone 5 comes out and then compare phones, with all the android phones carrying dual core cpu's, 1gb ram, amoled screens, 4g, wifi hotspotting, hd recording, hdmi output etc I'm sure apple will raise the bar with the iphone 5.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FerrisHilton
I'd honestly wait until iphone 5 comes out and then compare phones, with all the android phones carrying dual core cpu's, 1gb ram, amoled screens, 4g, wifi hotspotting, hd recording, hdmi output etc I'm sure apple will raise the bar with the iphone 5.

This. Iphone 5 should be out in 3-4 months if you can wait, Op.
 
iPhone is whack, they had phones out six months ago that were better than the iPhone 4 that just came out. So sad.

Honestly, I would go with the Atrix.

But if you want the best phone, and can wait just a little while..go with the Galaxy S2. Phones the shit, period. Thinnest phone on the market with some of the highest specs and the screen is just amazing. Can't wait.
 
I hear good things about the Atrix, if it were on Verizon I'd definitely consider it. I just got an iPhone 4 last week though and I'm loving it so far (I opted for that over the Droid 2 because of battery life). I imagine Atrix will have similar concerns re: battery though.
 
Hey if you can wait then I would suggest go for iphone 5, it's really amazing as it gives full protection to your phone and will come along with dual processing, faster graphic processing chip and lots of more exciting features…so go for this one…
 
I can never compromise on a cell phone, I would similarly suggest you to go for the best one...as far as I know iphone 5 is the upcoming model with latest features so go for this one as I am using iphone 4 and will be soon switching to iphone 5"
 
I'd honestly wait until iphone 5 comes out and then compare phones, with all the android phones carrying dual core cpu's, 1gb ram, amoled screens, 4g, wifi hotspotting, hd recording, hdmi output etc I'm sure apple will raise the bar with the iphone 5.
Exactly, I'm not a huge Iphone guy, but Apple is sure to compete and what they are brewing up right now might very well be worth the wait. I am coming around on Iphones a little bit whereas before I hated them. We'll see....
 
Read Both Reviews

http://www.engadget.com/motorola/atrix-4g-review/

and

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/22/iphone-4-review/

--------------------------------------------------------

One thing I don't love about android is the fragmentation of apps and OS, it seems like there is 50 new versions of it released every day and yet 90% of phones are always a few major versions behind. -- so annoying.

Plus bloatware and UI skins, I don't mind dealing with issues on my computer every now and then (PC) but my phone should just fucking work, and not give me any problems, and I love my iPhone 4 because of that..

BTW Jailbreak and install Install0us 4, its pretty fucking epic.
 
Why not the HTC Inspire?

iPhone feels like a Fisher Price toy compared to Android.
 
Why not the HTC Inspire?

iPhone feels like a Fisher Price toy compared to Android.

I'm going to go to the mall Saturday and make a decision. I'll visit the Apple store and play w/ the new one before going to AT&T and playing with the Androids then I'll make a decision.

I'm not going to speculate for an iPhone 5 to be released when the iPhone 4 just came out. I think Apple is going to milk it for all it's worth with small improvements and I'm not keeping this dinosaur until the summer. So I'll either decide it's good enough to get or I'll just go Android.

I just want a faster phone and I'm tired of the slow processing speeds when multi-tasking.
 
But if you want the best phone, and can wait just a little while..go with the Galaxy S2. Phones the shit, period. Thinnest phone on the market with some of the highest specs and the screen is just amazing. Can't wait.


Just looked up this phone... looks like it really will be the shit... BUT... T-Mobile only!!??!!! Really? Fucking stupid. Since when did Samsung think they were Apple. One carrier? And a shitty one at that?
 
Correction: After seeing the iPad 2 is already coming out I stand corrected... They must be trolling their customers releasing new products that frequently.

At least back in the day when you bought a video game console it would of been the stable release for a few years...
 
Correction: After seeing the iPad 2 is already coming out I stand corrected... They must be trolling their customers releasing new products that frequently.

At least back in the day when you bought a video game console it would of been the stable release for a few years...

Apple releases new * every June or something like that. It's because people HAVE to own the new iFag or whatever because they're fashion accessories first and consumer electronics second.