ATT UVerse Driving me insane

kblessinggr

PedoBeard
Sep 15, 2008
5,723
80
0
G.R., Michigan
www.kbeezie.com
Ok, so got this AT&T UVerse box which is basically a wifi router ( 3800HGV-B Gateway ), I've tried WEP, WPA, WPA2, No Encryption, Auto Channel, each channels from 1 to 11, tried updating my own airport client software, tried disabling/changing firewall settings on the box, etc.

The problem is with every computer in the house, be it Windows 7, XP, or OSX, the connection keeps dying like every 5 to 10 minutes. For me I just turn off my wifi on my macbook and turn it right back on and it'll hop right back online.

But its driving me insane because the wireless indicator will be full bars, but when it goes out I'll just get the spinning waiting indicator for like a full minute before it informs me I have no connection hen I gota go and turn off the airport and turn it back on, refresh or try to resave my work. It's especially frustrating if I'm in the middle of a ssh session.

I had to turn off/on my airport 3 times to get this to post.
 


We ditched the internet options and stuck with the TV choices. So now we're back to true cable internet through Verizon, AT&T Uverse for cable TV, Vonage for business phones and AT&T for home/cell phones. We like to spread the love around.

My husband (who is the tech guy around here) tried about as many things as you described and we never had any luck with the internet part. He set it up for my parents (at their request) and my mom's wireless barely creeps along unless she takes her laptop practically on top of the server now. She's not impressed with my dad's selection...
 
Uverse is crap. We have it here at the house and have nothing but problems since the day we got this bullshit service. We have heard every excuse in the book why the shit is breaking all the time.

But, I stick with em because everytime we have an issue, I end up getting more channels, free months, etc. while they are working out the bugs in our neighborhood. So it's tradeoff. Plus, I can't stand Comcast's business model - they are scumbags (traffic shapers, dickholes, etc.)
 
Ok, I shall Help you out.

I am assuming you have one of them:
medium_20071106-att-uverse-wireless-router.jpg


and the back end looks like:

3800hgv-b-back.png


Ok here is how to fix it

take the power cable and use a dielectric grease
Dielectric-grease.jpg


Rub it gently on the outside and inside of the plug.

This will aid in the conductive powers, you want to use most (3/4) of the tube.

Now using your strong hand jam the plug (while it is pluged in in the ac outlet) into every port on the backside, yes this sounds brutal but it works very well.

next, take the box and sink it in the toilet for a good hour or two.

once it is out plug it in and it will be ready to run

then get you a real router
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127217