[ATTENTION]I need some fucking help asap to figure out what to do for my friend

pewep

Banned
Nov 30, 2009
2,249
36
0
Hey guys, this is a lesson on health insurance.

I'll get right to it. A couple days ago, my friend was in a soccer accident. The specific details about the injury are still forthcoming but from what I gather, some guy ran into him and drove him into the pole breaking his shoulder, jaw bones, and severing part of his optic nerve. I'd show you pictures but quite frankly I just would rather not be that disrespectful and honestly I don't want to get too emotional right now.

He came from the hospital today and guess what his bill was: $18,000 to fix his optic nerve for starters. And that's not including all the pain medication he needs because currently he's getting NONE. Now they wan't $9,000 upfront. Yes, he did not have health insurance because he's a student > 24 and apparently the university he's in does not subsidize that. Even if they did, he'd still be looking at a few thousand to pay. How can a single student afford that?

I'm not begging for anything here or anything, I just wanted ideas on how I can help with this from anyone who's been in a similar situation. I certainly don't have that kind of cash lying around. I just want to know WHAT exactly I can do?

This is what I'm thinking:

1. Create a website
2. Create a fan page
3. Create a youtube account
4. Create a twitter account

Drive massive traffic to all for and just try to contact anyone that can drive traffic and fund raise on the website. All payments would go directly to the hospital. Now the problem is he needs to go into surgery within the next few days otherwise he's going to have a serious problem and will very likely lose his eye, if not more. Just lemme know what's up guys and how I can help.
 


Time to go to the financial aid office, and get a student loan.

He must not be going to a USA University. Students are supposed to pay a mandatory health fee, to cover stuff like this. --I think.

Sorry bout your friend.
 
Tell him in his next life to be born a Canadian, Brit, Australian, or pretty close to any European nationality. Then he'd have access to that oh-so-evil socialized health care.
 
Time to go to the financial aid office, and get a student loan.

He must not be going to a USA University. Students are supposed to pay a mandatory health fee, to cover stuff like this. --I think.

Sorry bout your friend.

Hey man, do you have any more details on this? Feel free to pm me.
Tell him in his next life to be born a Canadian, Brit, Australian, or pretty close to any European nationality. Then he'd have access to that oh-so-evil socialized health care.
I'm trying to help him in this life.
 
Is he on his parents insurance? I assume not or you wouldn't be here, but my insurance covers my kids til they are 26, regardless of student status at the time.

Hope he makes a full, quick recovery.

Soccer is bad.
 
Is he on his parents insurance? I assume not or you wouldn't be here, but my insurance covers my kids til they are 26, regardless of student status at the time.

Hope he makes a full, quick recovery.

Soccer is bad.

I appreciate all the positive comments. He's actually on a student visa, pretty much alone because his parents are still in his home country. We're going to check up on medicaid and see what they can do as well as the various student offices.

He's 24.
 
create a lander promoting dirty girls underwear, join juicyads, profit! But seriously, good luck with that pewep, I'm sure you'll figure it out :)