I want to start writing articles on a specific site (custom site, no wordpress or anything else), and I know about the importance of internal links...
But I want something automatic, manually having to create links for each article pointing to other articles based on keywords is a pain in the ass.
So I'm wondering if there's a script out there that might do this already, and if not, how you might go about doing it in php/mysql.
I assume it might be something as simple as just specifying the keywords for each article that you want the article to be linked from... Then on the article display page, pull the article content from the database, fetch all of the articles from the database (the keywords row), loop through each of them doing a str_replace each time a keyword is found and adding a <a href="article">kw</a> ?
That doesn't sound like the best solution though since it would have to do that for every visitor...
Thanks.
But I want something automatic, manually having to create links for each article pointing to other articles based on keywords is a pain in the ass.
So I'm wondering if there's a script out there that might do this already, and if not, how you might go about doing it in php/mysql.
I assume it might be something as simple as just specifying the keywords for each article that you want the article to be linked from... Then on the article display page, pull the article content from the database, fetch all of the articles from the database (the keywords row), loop through each of them doing a str_replace each time a keyword is found and adding a <a href="article">kw</a> ?
That doesn't sound like the best solution though since it would have to do that for every visitor...
Thanks.