Tasker for Android - I've used this a few times, it's the same idea $6. Will look into this one as well. I mostly use my phone to make calls, but every once in awhile, I'll try and rice it out as much as possible for shits and giggles.
It's interesting that the coding will be available.
I'm already imagining the slightly shady stuff people could build into their "recipes"...
Or how about having the app play music when you are Running. But then you still having to tell the app you are running, which takes the same effort as opening the music app.
Completely retarded. How the fuck do people even get funding for this shit.
Let me rephrase to something like:
Money is made when you solve someone's problem.
The bigger the problem, the more money you make.
Also, a lot of that product is doomed to fail and is only a marketing trick. Or it will remain that way for the near future.
Hint: What's the biggest problem with location enabled apps?
snip
It automatically knows when you are running.
Money is made when you make people's lives easier.
The phone should detect your speed, which will be able to tell if you're sitting/walking/running/driving.
Money is made when you make people's lives easier.
The phone should detect your speed, which will be able to tell if you're sitting/walking/running/driving.
It automatically knows when you are running.
It can't automatically know when you are running. It can only know when you are going a certain speed. So all I need to do is go between 4-6 MPH and suddenly my phone starts playing my running sound track. I could be on a bike, I could be on a golf cart, anything that would recreate the speed in the gps would trigger it.
There are millions of things that trigger the same event as going a pre measured distance at a speed range. This is why every running app on the market makes you actually press a start/stop button before you run.