Best NLP learning material?

mpbiz

New member
Apr 29, 2010
2,822
57
0
I just finished reading influence and yes! by cialdini and I'm looking to dive into some NLP material.

My main focus right now is to use it for text. I need to use it in my telemarketing scripts for my call reps and also my copywriting for ads.

I understand tonality is a huge part too, but since I'm using virtual call reps I can't really get into it that deep yet.

Right now I'm downloading Richard bandler - Persuasion Engineering from biztorrents. There's another 20+ torrents on there for NLP from many different guys including Grinder.

Hopefully you guys can help me cut through the fluff and get straight to the good stuff. Thanks.
 


some of it is bullshit, some of it is quite useful. I quit biting my nails using the Swish pattern. Also, the reframing tools in Mindlines are awesome for obliterating self-limiting beliefs.

A warning on Bandler's talks: he's brilliant but the guy is an arrogant fucking nut-job. The dude deliberately jumps around from one story to another without ever getting to the point to put his audience into a trance. It never worked on me, it just pissed me off.

As a tool for persuasion, I really think you're best learning basic concepts of NLP with an Intro text book. This will introduce you to just about everything you need to know: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yourself-NLP-Hobbies-Sports/dp/0071602593/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323686185&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Teach Yourself NLP (Teach Yourself: Games/Hobbies/Sports) (9780071602594): Amanda Vickers, Steve Bavister: Books[/ame]

(not sure why the new one is $80 - obviously I'd go with one of the used copies for $5)

There's also a John La Valle sales training video out there - IIRC, a lot of that stuff could be applied to copy.
 
NLP is not the way to boost sales, sales training is the way to boost sales. You need books on closing. You're not going to put them in some sort of trance to get them to buy. You get people to buy, by getting to know your customer, addressing objections in advance, asking for the sale.

Nothing good comes to mind, but start with joe gerard for basic concepts.