Best resources for researching and buying a home?

CLKeenan

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
2,506
14
0
Boston, MA
Anyone got a good ebook? Jokes. But seriously, are there any sites that give trending and analytics on home prices, neighborhood information, etc? Looking into buying my first home within the next year and want to start doing some research now
 


I use redfin.com to search for listings. Gives you some good details on each home that's on the market.
 
use redfin. trulia and zillow have really outdated info.
most of the houses they show are already sold.
realtytrac is good for foreclosures, but costs $50 a month
 
Sadly Redfin doesn't have any coverage for my area. Zillow didn't really appear to even offer any additional information about the houses I was looking at. Maybe I'll ask my realtor friend if she can hook me up with a subscription to realtytrac if she has one
 
Theres also Trulia,
But if your looking for foreclosures and shorts sales, you might as well work with an agent, Just ask them to sent a list from your area. Altimatly no software is going to give an accurate assessment of a home.
 
Realtor.com is very good. There is also the Association of Realtors, they have state-specific sites that drill down into the kind of stats you are looking for. I've used the california site at car.org with good success, look for the chapter for your state for local info.
 
@Nikko

Thanks for the input. I guess i will also try out this Realtor.com. seems like it is really helpful