I tried emailing a couple sites with a script that usually does ok for reg sites asking about the CPM/Remnant...etc (through the advertising link - not blindly) and got almost no responses. I'm getting the feeling I'm coming across like I have no clue what I'm doing so there not even taking the time to respond.
Adult is definitely different than mainstream in a lot of ways.
Grosses are usually much smaller than you will be used to, but on the other hand nets will be much better.
Much more relationship based and can seemingly have more/less transparency at the same time.
There is a lot more coopetition in adult which helps to provide virtual economy of scale.
Just wanna know where the traffic is and how to buy it.
There are a few people who media buy/arb as affiliates, but VERY few.
Much more common is for people to either be publishers of some kind and/or have some involvement/inhouse with the sponsors they are promoting.
While I'm not going to mention any specific traffic brokers/networks in the post I will say that in my experience most people who find success buying traffic are using it as feeder/trade traffic as opposed to direct monetization.
Most of the easily discovered ways/places to buy traffic are available for a reason - usually that nobody can monetize it for that rate.
It's pretty common to see people get their heads handed to them consistently on traffic buys.
GFY is not exactly like Warrior Forum but if you have that in mind it provides the right degree of skepticism for you.
When it comes to how to best get into adult you probably need to provide more information.
Got any particular interests? I don't care what your kink is, but if there is something that you are into/know a lot about the psych of it really can help.
What are you really good at? How can that apply to adult?
Ad Buys? - relationships, relationships, and hidden gems.
SEM? - Make sure to brush up on the 'special' fun/rules that apply. For instance a
"Hot Nineteen year old having sex" might sound like a very reasonable tag line, but will get you yanked for "teen porn concepts"
SEO? - Link dev is much harder cold in this space, and buying opportunities have a HUGE variance (much less rational market)
etc etc etc.
If you like PM me for contact info and I will spend a few on IM or the phone with you.