Nice to have a fellow teufel!
I had to look that shit up!!! damn You BB!!
Lulz
I actually live in housing across the street from the golf course, just bordering the evac zone (not affected).
That piece of shit hill you speak of is still here, we call it KT, and for as long as I've been here, they haven't stopped finding new ways to make that treacherous run an even bigger pain in the ass.
I'm with 3/3, have a few buddies with 1/12.
Semper.
LOL....The HIll Run is still going on!!
For the first Month or so after I got out and back to "The World" every single Thursday evening I use to walk outside and LAUGH as LOUD and LONG as I could knowing Marines everywhere living in Barracks or B.E.Q.'s were doing Field Day!!!!
BTW, I was a 3rd generation Jar Head. My Grand Father and Dad were both stationed on that damn air base. My Dad was a Combat Engineer and my Grandfather was an "Admin Poge"!!! Lulz
I was an Artillery Fire Direction Control man (Nut Hut) and Surveyor. Our motto was,
"If you can't Truck It, Then FUCK IT!!"
I absolutely hated those fucking 25 mile forced marches with full gear that we had to go on twice a year over on the Big Island at
Pōhakuloa Training Area (PTA). Which now days I'd have changed it to PITA!! Lulz
I'll post this up for the guys here who don't know what Infantry and Artillery Marines got to see of the Beautiful Hawaiian Landscape most of the time we were there and working/training. Gotta Luv those
Lava Dogs. They seemed to BITE more at night though. LOL
Aww Shit!! I guess I need to clarify what a Lava Dog was when I was in back in the day. It was what we called the Lava Rocks that were sharp as fuck. Worse than any Coral. It seems that the 3rd Marines have finally adopted the Nickname.
1st Battalion, 3rd Marines (1/3) on MarineParents.com
1st Battalion, 3rd Marines (1/3)
"Lava Dogs"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g_DXBzH-CY"]Mortar Training at Pohakuloa Training Area, Hawaii - YouTube[/ame]
I was born on the island and while I was stationed there I got to SEE them tear down Kaiser Memorial Hospital that "was" in Kailua there just outside the base by the Poly Public Golf course.
Until this very day I had no idea that they actually rebuilt the damn thing and now it's
KAISER MOANALUA HOSPITAL.
BTW, do you have your SHORT "Color In" Calander up? (This was about the best I could find online.)
This reminded me of one of my Gunny's.
LOL
The LAST paragraph of this made it worth posting up for you BoatBurner:
ROFLMAO